Fantastic Scenic Cottage on Your Own Private Lake
A magnificent blend of traditional charm and contemporary luxury, Lake Cottage is a romantic delight with its own private lake and indoor swimming pool, under half an hour’s drive to the beach and the city for the best of both worlds!
As you arrive at the cottage you’ll note its cosy and romantic exterior, and this theme runs both inside and out! Once a gamekeeper’s lodging, this sublime home set in the woods, at the edge of its very own lake, is rich in history and character and even offers its own indoor pool!
The large sitting room is the charming heart of the home, with a wood burner to one side, accompanied by several armchairs and vast sofas that you can sink in for the perfect relaxed afternoon or a night off in front of the TV! There’s a second wood burner in the dining room where you can enjoy formal meals with the whole group, after preparing quite the treat in the incredible kitchen.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
For an adventure in the great outdoors, Norfolk is an absolute must, as the driest county in the UK! The whole county is about enjoyment of the fresh air, big skies and absolutely stunning views, and is home to Britain's largest protected wetland, nature reserves of international importance, and over 90 miles of unspoilt, award-winning coastline! You’re just 8 miles from the centre of Norwich, the ‘City of Stories’, with its beautiful and deeply historical winding cobbled lanes, abounding with old merchant houses, quaint shops and medieval stone churches! Your nearest beach is in Caister-on-Sea, just a minute north of the action-packed town of Great Yarmouth with crazy golf, trampolines, boat trips, donkey rides, and a range of attractions and amusements is great for entertaining the kids! Norfolk’s famous coastline is bursting with wide open, empty beaches perfect for a proper bucket-and-spade holiday with the family! This is where the expanse of the skies truly bursts with life and fills you with joy. Dotted along the horizon are yachts and power-boats while nearer to shore you’ll find surfers, kayakers, kite-surfers and so much more! While lining the beaches are hundreds of candy-coloured beach huts, dazzling promenades with candyfloss and fish and chips and of course, the romantic dunes with endless hidden spots for barbeques and family-fun. All the good stuff! No matter where you venture to, you’ll always be met with either a woodland adventure park, a winding forest trail or for a day indoors, perhaps even an award-winning museum! And for hiking, look no further. Stretching from Holme-next-the-Sea all the way to Cromer, the 45-mile long Norfolk Coastal Path through this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty offers some of the best birdwatching in the UK, a glimpse of the seals on Blakeney Point, and the earliest evidence of humans found outside The Great Rift Valley in Africa on the Deep History Coast! The path weaves itself through tidal creeks and salt marshes, shingle, luscious fields and enormous sandy beaches – and as Norfolk is a haven for wildlife and birds, you’ll have plenty to admire throughout! Norwich International Airport is just 4 miles from Norwich city centre, easily accessible on public transport.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £250 to be paid prior to arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Friday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay, this may be increased across peak dates
- Pets welcome? : A maximum of 2 well-behaved small or medium dogs are allowed on a request basis. The breed must be stated at time of booking. Please note that there is an additional charge of £25 per dog, per stay.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : A travel cot & highchair can be provided on a request basis at time of booking. Please bring your own cot linen.