Elegant Home within fantastic seaside resort of Southsea
Marine House holds a brilliant location within the popular South Coast resort of Southsea, within easy walking distance of the beach and a variety of helpful amenities, including shops and restaurants. The vibrant city of Portsmouth with its excellent shopping at Gunwharf Quays and range of historical attractions is less than a 10-minute drive away!
The home has been lovingly modernised to high standards, boasting contemporary interiors and beautiful furnishings throughout. Marine House can comfortably accommodate up to fifteen adults and seven children across its nine fabulously-appointed bedrooms. The house makes an excellent base for a family get-together or a reunion of friends with plenty of entertaining space, including a living room, dining room and a kitchen, fully-equipped with all the tools you could possibly need!
The adults are bound to appreciate the in-house bar which makes the perfect spot to wind down...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Bathtub: Separate Tub and Shower
Outdoor Dining Area
Marine House holds a fantastic location within the popular seaside resort of Southsea, less than a minute walk from the beach and a 2-minute walk to the popular Southsea Green and Canoe Lake which comes complete with pedal boats to hire, a model village and a large children’s playground. The Bluereef Aquarium is less than a 5-minute car journey away and for those travelling with children, is well worth a visit. From Southsea Hoverport, just a 5-minute drive from the house, you can catch a hovercraft which reaches Ryde on the Isle of Wight in just 10-minutes! Portsmouth itself and the hugely popular Gunwharf Quays which boasts a variety of designer stores at outlet prices and a selection of family-friendly restaurants is less than a 10-minute car journey from the house. For those with a strong head for heights, also at Gunwharf is Portsmouth’s Spinnaker Tower, a 170m-tall observation tower complete with a glass floor, this is a must-visit for the breathtaking views across the Solent which can be enjoyed from the top! For those with an interest in history, the Historic Dockyard which is home to HMS Victory and HMS Warrior 1860 is also just 10-minutes away, while The D-Day Story Museum is less than a 5-minute car journey away. In the surrounding area, the Cathedral City of Chichester is just a 30-minute drive away, with its beautiful Cathedral and cobbled streets lined with independent shops, restaurants and galleries, it is well worth a visit. The city of Winchester is just 40-minutes from Marine House, home to one of Britain’s greatest Cathedrals and the popular Marwell Zoo, it makes a fantastic day out for the whole family.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000 charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 5-night minimum stay across peak dates, this may be reduced to 2 or 3-nights at quieter times
- Changeover day : Bookings must begin on a Friday or a Monday
- Pets welcome? : A maximum of 2 well behaved dogs are permitted on a request basis, please note that this is subject to the owner's discretion and you will need to state the breeds at time of booking. There will be an additional charge of £50 per dog, per stay.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that the house is best suited to a maximum of 15 adults and 7 children. On request, 2 additional adults can be accomodated for an extra £75 per person, per stay - raising the maximum adult capacity to 17.
- Other 2 : The house is situated in a residential area so please be respectful of neighbours when using the outdoor space - NO outside parties, fireworks or loud music. Stag do's are NOT permitted. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult when using the hot tub, young children should not be allowed to use the sauna.
- Other 3 : Please note that unless cocktails or drinks packages are requested (for an additional charge) prior to arrival, then the bar will be left unstocked. There is a fridge and clients are welcome to stock it with their own beverages.