Fascinating 16th Century Historic Estate
Fenton Tower is a magnificent, fortified 16th Century tower located 18 miles East of Edinburgh near the coastal town of North Berwick. The castle’s location was originally chosen in the 11th Century because it afforded panoramic views in all directions and has had many distinguished visitors, among them being King James VI of Scotland (son of Mary Queen of Scots and Lord Darnley) who took refuge there as he fled from the rebel army in Fife across the Firth of Forth.
The Tower has now been meticulously restored, and opened in 2002 to provide 5-star accommodation for up to twelve guests, while an additional four guests can be accommodated in the new Fenton Lodge, set in the garden just meters from the Tower. Set among rolling countryside and surrounded by many of the worlds’ most famous golf courses (Muirfield, Gullane & North Berwick), Fenton Tower is the perfect base for a magnificent golfing experience.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Fenton Tower Estate holds a wonderful location set in the heart of East Lothian, guests will feel a million miles away from any hustle and bustle while the closest amenities can be found in the coastal town of North Berwick, which is less than 10-minute drive away. North Berwick is home to beautiful beaches and a helpful selection of shops and restaurants. Those with a keen interest in wildlife will enjoy a visit to North Berwick's Scottish Seabird Centre, informative and educational for the whole family! The capital of Scotland, Edinburgh, is less than a forty-minute car journey from Fenton Tower Estate, and with its Medieval Old Town and Georgian New Town, it is bursting with excellent attractions, including, iconic Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the excellent Scotch Whisky Experience and Edinburgh Gin Distillery as well as Camera Obscura & World of Illusions and the Edinburgh Zoo, which the whole family will enjoy! For guests travelling in from afar, Edinburgh Airport is less than a 50-minute car journey away making for a short transfer time.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Please enquire
- Arrival time : 1pm
- Departure time : 11am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price. Please leave the Tower & Lodge tidy and in the state that you found it.
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Other Ts and Cs : The rates advertised on the "rates" tab are inclusive of bed and breakfast. Any additional catering will be quoted for separately.