Bright, Airy Home with Pool, Outdoor Lounge & Beautiful Sea Views
The idyllic and comfortable Villa Xi Sunset is carved into the lush countryside landscape in the picturesque village of Mantzavinata in the Paliki area of Kefalonia. It offers a wonderful mix of traditional, natural and contemporary living in a secluded, peaceful location. Mantxavinata is an atmospheric, quiet village, just 2 km from the beautiful Xi Beach, which is friendly and welcoming. The village, famous for its Mantzavino wine, hosts a fabulous wine festival each August. It is 4 km southwest of Lixouri.
Villa Xi Sunset is extremely spacious both inside and out. With large, open spaces, it overlooks majestic cliffs and mountains and the stunning, crystal clear, azure Ionian Sea. The lush landscape frames astonishing sunset and sunrise views which are very special. The villa boasts three spacious bedrooms, all with excellent, modern ensuite bathrooms so is ideal for a family or a group of friends.
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Air Conditioning: Central
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Xi Sunset is located in the stunning lush countryside in the tranquil village of Mantxavinata, close to Lixouri. Lixouri is the second largest town in Kefalonia, 35 km west of Argostoli. The beautiful town was built on the site where the ancient city of Pali used to be, before the major earthquake of 1953. Plenty of delightful restaurants and bars line the busy waterfront of Lixouri and the main square, Plateia Petritsi. Lixouri holds many festivals throughout the year and is known for its rich cultural traditions. It boasts one of the oldest philharmonic schools in Greece. You can visit some atmospheric churches with wonderful frescoes, the archaeological museum, neoclassical buildings and the famous Monastery of Kipoureon. Xi Beach is characterised by its white rocky hills and its fine, reddish-brown sand. It is a well-organised beach with straw umbrellas and sun loungers as well as a beach bar and watersports centre. You can use the red sand as an impromptu face mask! Also, close by are Megas Lakkos Beach, Lepeda Beach, Kounopetra Beach, Markris Yalos Beach, Gradakia Beach and Fanari Beach. A huge rock stands between Xi Beach and Megas Lakos. The beach offers lovely views to the islet of Vardiani. The famous Myrtos Beach is 21.4 km from the villa and definitely worth the drive. It is one of Kefalonia’s most dramatic sights and among the best beaches in Greece. Kefalonia shot to fame with the film Captain Corelli’s Mandolin and it is easy to see why it maintains its popularity. Lush hilly forests guard the sprawling vineyards, honey-hued sands surround the island and are kissed by turquoise calm waters and pretty towns and villages come alive for tourists in the evenings. Further north from the Paliki peninsular are Assos and Fiskardo, both wonderful day or evening excursions from the villa. Assos is peaceful and charming with some excellent restaurants and cafes. It is surrounded by luscious green scenery and verdant forests. It offers a mystical atmosphere, almost as though the village is lost in time. Pretty pastel-coloured houses are nestled into the steep hillsides, and the castle is a popular visit. On the northern tip of the island, Fiscardo is trendy and chic. The waterside dining is fabulous, and there is a great selection of unique boutiques. As well as colourful fishing boats in the harbour, you will see many luxury yachts as Fiskardo is the place to be in Kefalonia.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : No security deposit is charged, but should there be any damage or loss caused suring your stay you will be liable.
- Arrival time : Flexible, please confirm with owner prior to arrival.
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Changeover day : Any
- Minimum stay : Minimum stay nights 5 nights except period 01/08-31/10 that is 7 nights
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access included in rental price. It is good to note that the speed is dependent on local provider and technical issues may cause reduced speed or cut of service.
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.