Distinct, Charming Villa with Pool & Abundant Outdoor Spaces
<div>Trulli Le Petunie is a beautiful property which sleeps six, located in Puglia which is the heel of Italy’s boot. This home sits in a semi-rural area but is close to beaches and many towns and cities such as Monopoli which is 9km away and Polignano a Mare which is 14km away.
A trulli is a series of small buildings which usually have conical roofs and are formed of dry stone. This pretty style of home is specific to this area of Italy and Trulli Le Petunie is built in this style. This means that the home is made up of a few rooms which are accessed by their own doors. The modern, stylish kitchen, dining and living room utilises the largest of the cones and is a great place for family or a group of friends to retire for the evening and relax with a film or a board game. The other cones of the trulli contain the bedrooms - two of these are interconnected which is perfect for those with children, while another is...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
<div>Trulli Le Petunie is situated in the countryside of Puglia; a stunning region which is less crowded than Tuscany, yet is just as packed with art, history, culture and incredible Italian cuisine. This country location is a perfect setting for getting out and about to take in the local scenery and culture. Near to the villa you will find a small selection of restaurants as well as farms and vineyards which are open to visitors for wine tours. Other than this, in the immediate vicinity, you are surrounded by expanses of fields and natural attractions. One of Puglia’s main draws is the Grotte di Castellana and this is only 8km away from the villa in the town of Castellana Grotte. This site is a vast system of caves which were formed 90 million years ago! It is best to join in with one of the tours around the caves; this 3km route walks through caves, fossils, canyons, stalactites and many more wonders and will be an amazing experience for your group. If you wish to explore more of the natural beauty of the area above ground, you could take part in a horse trek, go mountain-biking or take a boat trip along the stunning coastline. Aside from natural beauty, Puglia is home to many villages and towns with lots to see and do. The closest large town to the villa is Monopoli which is just 9km away. Monopoli has a historic centre which leads down towards the seafront at the busy marina. This medieval town is dominated by the castle Castello Carlo V which has been here since 1552. There are also beautiful cathedrals, churches and Abbeys to explore and plenty of shops and places to eat in Monopoli. Another town nearby is Polignano a Mare which is 14km from the villa. This is a pretty seaside resort which has a beautiful pebbled cove, lined by staggering limestone cliffs. You could spend the whole day here just taking in the atmosphere on the beach, but there is lots to see if you wish to wander around. A great place to visit to get out of the heat for a while is The Pino Pascali Museum which is filled with the art of Pino Pascali and many other local artists. Walking around the streets of Polignano a Mare is also lovely way of getting to know the town and get a feel for its long and varied history. If you are hungry after all the exploring then head to a cornetteria which is a little stall selling Italian croissants. A little further out you can discover the city of Lecce which is filled with Baroque architecture. This city is situated 90-minutes away by car so it is a good idea to arrive early and book on to a guided tour to make the most out of your day; tours such as street food tours or Vespa tours are especially interesting!</div>
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details are required 2 weeks prior to departure for pre-authorisation.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 8.00 p.m. Please note that late arrivals after 8.00 p.m. are subject to an additional fee €80, to be paid locally upon arrival.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights approximately mid-July to end August, 4 nights during all other periods.
- Changeover day : Saturday approximately mid-July to end August, flexible during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €350, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? :
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €100 will apply (payable locally).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately April to end-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair are available on request at an additional cost of €25, payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in some areas of the trulli only.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property sleeps 6 guests comfortably, whilst a further 2 guests may be accommodated on a sofa bed. Please see the 'Features' tab for full details.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.