beautiful five bedroom restored farmhouse with an outdoor pool
This beautifully restored farmhouse sits within a Tuscan estate complete with a golf course and lined with vineyards and olive groves. Expert craftsmen have transformed this traditional building into an elegant home in a prime position overlooking luscious green countryside and close to medieval villages and cities brimming with culture.
Step inside I Ferrioli and you are met with stunning traditional features in the form of terracotta-tiled floors, exposed brick walls and vaulted ceilings. Soft furnishings add to the cosiness of this home, with artwork providing splashes of colour and French windows and patio doors bringing in heaps of natural light. Each room blends seamlessly into the next in this open-plan home, with plenty of space for up to 10 guests. A homey living area complete with a large fireplace leads onto a grand dining room and then through to the huge kitchen with central island/breakfast bar. Also on the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Il Ferrioli is tucked away in a sheltered spot within a stunning estate once owned by the powerful Medici family. The estate is made up of several villas and at its heart sits a charming hilltop ‘borgo’ complete with ancient castle and sleepy streets, just a 5-minute drive or a 30-minute walk from I Ferrioli. Explore the refined selection of boutiques and premium restaurants whilst appreciating the sweeping views of the unspoilt landscape. The picturesque village of Montaione is just a 15-minute drive away and is worth a visit for its osterias, pizzerias and spectacular 360-degree views of the vineyards and olive groves below. Other fantastic places to visit include Gambassi Terme, which is known for its thermal baths, and San Vivaldo with its beautiful convent. Perched on a rural hillside just outside the village, the convent dates back to the 14th century and during the summer months evening concerts are often held in the courtyard. San Gimignano and Certaldo are nearby towns rich in history and character and only half an hour away by car. Wander around the fascinating old town of San Gimignano and admire the walls encircling the town and the beautiful buildings within it, including the Torre Grosse. Certaldo's medieval architecture, particularly the façade of Palazzo Pretorio with its various coats of arms, is a sight you will not want to miss. Take a day trip to Pisa to view the city’s attractions, including the famous Leaning Tower and impressive Piazza dei Miracoli. It’s best to visit the piazza and iconic bell tower later in the day, once the crowds have thinned. Walking along the banks of the River Arno and admiring the beautiful aristocratic houses is a great way to see more of the city. Florence and Siena are just over an hour’s drive away and known worldwide for their art, culture, history and cuisine. With its exquisite architecture and its prominent galleries, Florence is a must-visit. Take in the celebrated Ponte Vecchio and the imposing Duomo and marvel at the Renaissance artworks within the Uffizi Gallery. Siena’s medieval square, Piazza del Campo, is a beautiful spot for relaxing and people watching while those feeling energetic enough can climb the Tower of Mangia which overlooks the piazza. You don’t have to venture far from I Ferrioli to discover the delights of the Tuscan countryside. Many excellent walks are on offer within the estate and the surrounding area. There are also tennis courts as well as cycling and horseriding, which provide further opportunity to glimpse some of the area’s wildlife including foxes, deer and even wild boar. Keen golfers will rejoice in the fantastic golfing opportunities available. The estate boasts the largest course in Tuscany, a 27-hole course most often divided into two separate courses, one championship course and one shorter course. Surrounded by glorious Tuscan countryside with medieval villages and some of Italy’s most famous cities within easy reach, this restored farmhouse boasts a superb setting.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m. Late arrivals are subject to an additional arrival fee of €100.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, iincluding mid-stay clean. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (short-breaks may be possible on request outside end June-end August. Please enquire.)
- Pets welcome? : Small pets may be accepted on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchair and cot are available upon request only.