Sun-Lit Farmhouse & Annex with Pool, Terraces & Golf Course Views
Set in a beautiful estate with charming hilltop villages nearby, Casale Bertino is in a prime position for exploring the very best of rural Tuscany. This carefully restored and stylish farmhouse is surrounded by scenic countryside and overlooks the estate’s olive groves, vines and golf course.
Featuring both a large main house and an independent barn converted into an elegant annexe, Casale Bertino offers plenty of space for up to 16 guests to spread out across 8 bedrooms. In fact, this property can be split into three separate apartments, two in the main house and one in the annexe, each with its own private access. Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen plus dining space and living area, with stunning original features such as vaulted ceilings, brick archways, tiled floors and stone walls running throughout the casa.
Lush greenery, grassy hillsides, rosemary and lavender plants combine to create a serene outdoor...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Casale Bertino is one of several villas spread out over a huge estate set in the glorious Tuscan countryside. At the heart of the estate, and just a 5-minute drive or 20-minute walk from the house, sits a quaint hilltop village known as the ‘borgo’. Wander through its sleepy streets, explore the ancient castle and admire the sweeping views of vineyards, olive groves and rolling hillsides. The ‘borgo’ also boasts a selection of boutiques and a handful of excellent restaurants serving delicious local Italian cuisine. The estate surrounding Casale Bertino offers many fun activities allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the delights of the Tuscan countryside. Golf-lovers will be right at home here as the estate boasts the largest golf course in Tuscany. The 27-hole course is usually split into two separate courses, one more challenging course and another shorter course. There are also tennis courts available for use and many excellent walks of varying degrees of difficulty depart from the estate. Cycling and horse-riding through the vineyards and olive groves provide the chance to glimpse some of the area’s wildlife including foxes, deer and even wild boar. There are several medieval hilltop villages nearby, including San Vivaldo and Montaione, which are both just a 15-minute drive from Casale Bertino. The beautiful 14th century convent perched just outside San Vivaldo is not to be missed, especially during summer months when it serves as a stunning venue for evening concerts. Picturesque Montaione is filled with a number of great osterias and pizzerias while Gambassi Terme is known for its thermal baths. San Gimignano is just half an hour’s drive away and is definitely worth a visit for its beautiful buildings, its historic centre encircled by ancient walls and its skyline of medieval towers. At 54 metres high, Torre Grossa is the tallest of San Gimignano’s towers and the only one you can climb up – it’s worth it for the spectacular views at the top! Other fantastic places to visit in the area include the nearby towns of Castelfiorentino, which features Renaissance frescoes by the artist Benozzo Gozzoli, and Certaldo, with its rich history and blend of gothic and medieval architecture. The cities of Florence and Siena are renowned worldwide for their beauty and rich artistic and cultural heritage and can be reached by car in little over an hour. No trip to Florence is complete without a stroll along the bustling, boutique-lined Ponte Vecchio or a visit to Piazza del Duomo to gaze in awe at the mighty Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. Escape the crowds by wandering along the banks of the River Arno and seek some shade within the Uffizi Gallery whilst admiring the collection of Medici busts and Renaissance paintings. Soak up Siena’s ambience by resting in a café in Piazza del Campo or climb the Tower of Mangia which overlooks the central square and provides 360-degree views over the city. Pisa is just under an hour’s drive from the house and worth a day trip to see city’s the famous Leaning Tower as well as the pretty Piazza dei Miracoli. Avoid the masses by visiting the iconic bell tower later in the day and instead enjoy a walk along the banks of the River Arno to see some of the city’s beautiful aristocratic houses before returning to the city centre. Tucked away in a rural position, with medieval villages and several of Italy’s most loved cities within easy driving distance, Casale Bertino boasts an outstanding setting.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m. Late arrivals are subject to an additional arrival fee of €100.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. If required, wood for the fireplace is also available for an extra charge of €500, payable locally.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (short-breaks may be possible on request outside end June-end August).
- Pets welcome? : Small pets may be accepted on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchair, cot, barbecue, iron and ironing board are available on request only.