Lovely, Rustic Home with Heated Pool, Fireplace & Woodland Views
Chestnut forests, rolling hills and summer fields of sunflowers – it’s no wonder this part of rural Tuscany has inspired some of the greatest artists over time including the renowned sculptor Michelangelo who was born just a few kilometres away.
Immerse yourself in the incredible landscapes of this captivating region during your stay at Casa Michelangelo, an inviting 3-bedroom abode with lovely views of woodland from the heated swimming pool. It’s ideal for a small group of friends or family looking to get away from it all and experience tranquil Tuscany at its best. Inside you will find grand fireplaces, original floors, exposed stone walls and a traditional yet welcoming ambience. This pretty home is all about rustic simplicity alongside an air of romance across its three double bedrooms. Its warmth and authenticity are sure to enchant guests looking for a peaceful retreat.
Wander around the glorious grounds,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In the Upper Tiber Valley of eastern Tuscany, around an hour north of Arezzo, Casa Michelangelo enjoys a stunning and very rural location surrounded by hills and forests. As well as exploring the incredible landscapes of this part of Tuscany, Emilia-Romagna, Umbria and even Le Marche are also within striking distance. The local village, a ten-minute drive away, sits on the Tiber river and has a fascinating history which dates back as far as the Neolithic age. View some of the town’s wonderful diaries from the past in its well-known museum and if you are staying in early September then look out for the historic festivities and palio that take place. There is a supermarket here as well as a handful of restaurants and other useful amenities. The local birthplace of the great artist Michelangelo is also just over 7km away. Visit the house where he was born, his local church and also the Museum of Michelangelo with re-creations of some of his masterpieces. The village is also famous for its chestnut festival in October which attracts visitors from across the region and beyond. Heading south, visit one of Tuscany’s most beautiful towns, Anghiari (22km) and marvel at the palazzi and charming squares as you wander around its medieval lanes filled with summer flowers. The views from the 13th century walls are incredible as you look out towards the Tiber Valley – after all the road leading to the village is very steep! Sansepolcro (21km) is another Tuscan gem with a wonderful civic museum filled with art, including pieces by Piero della Francesca, and a magnificent cathedral that dates back to the 9th century. The historic Palio della Balestra takes place in September, a crossbow tournament when locals dress up in medieval costumes – a grand annual event! As well as visiting some of the enchanting villages and towns so close, you will also want to spend time appreciating the outstanding scenery of the Tiber Valley. Expect hills filled with chestnut trees, fields of summer sunflowers, olive groves and even some vineyards. Enjoy the regional cuisine in some of the excellent restaurants in the area – try specialities such as local mushrooms and of course chestnut-based dishes. If you are keen on fishing then head to Lago Montedoglio, an artificial lake which is perfect for walking, horse-riding, canoeing as well as angling (especially carp fishing). There are also horse-riding stables near the local village – a fantastic way to see the local landscapes. Further afield, cross the border into Umbria with Perugia (86km) and Gubbio (85km) just over an hour away or spend the day in the enticing city of Urbino (94km), a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Arezzo (50km) is also waiting to be explored with its historic treasures and beautiful works of art or travel as far as Florence (120km) for a truly spectacular day out.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500.00 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : By 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost, payable locally.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €100.00, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : No.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any other special events are not allowed.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : A highchair and cot are available on request.
- Pool heating charge? : No, but it must be requested in advance. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.