Beautifully curated 10 bedroom home with contemporary interiors
Shore House holds a brilliant location within the popular South Coast resort of Southsea, within easy walking distance of the beach and a variety of helpful amenities, including shops and restaurants. The lively city of Portsmouth with its fabulous designer shopping at Gunwharf Quays and range of historical attractions is less than a 10-minute drive away!
The Edwardian home, under the same family ownership as New England Mansion and Marine House, has been beautifully modernised and benefits from contemporary interiors and elegant furnishings throughout. Shore House comfortably accommodates up to twenty guests across its ten beautifully-appointed bedrooms, each boasting en-suite facilities making it ideal for a group of friends holidaying together.
Shore House makes a wonderful space for get-togethers with large entertaining areas, including a living room and a fabulous open-plan kitchen diner with seating for...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Shore House holds a fantastic location within the popular seaside resort of Southsea, less than a 5-minute walk from the beach and a 10-minute walk to the popular Southsea Green and Canoe Lake which comes complete with pedal boats to hire, a model village and a large children’s playground. The Bluereef Aquarium is less than a 5-minute car journey away and for those travelling with children, is well worth a visit. From Southsea Hoverport, just a 5-minute drive from the house, you can catch a hovercraft which reaches Ryde on the Isle of Wight in just 10-minutes! Portsmouth itself and the hugely popular Gunwharf Quays which boasts a variety of designer stores at outlet prices and a selection of family-friendly restaurants is less than a 10-minute car journey from the house. For those with a strong head for heights, also at Gunwharf is Portsmouth’s Spinnaker Tower, a 170m-tall observation tower complete with a glass floor, this is a must-visit for the breathtaking views across the Solent which can be enjoyed from the top! For those with an interest in history, the Historic Dockyard which is home to HMS Victory and HMS Warrior 1860 is also just 10-minutes away, while The D-Day Story Museum is less than a 5-minute car journey away. Southsea Castle is just a 10-minute walk from Shore House and offers free entry between March and October, here visitors can enjoy the panoramic views from the top of the Keep across the Solent and out to the Isle of Wight. In the surrounding area, the Cathedral City of Chichester is just a 30-minute drive away, with its beautiful Cathedral and cobbled streets lined with independent shops, restaurants and galleries, it is well worth a visit. The city of Winchester is just 40-minutes from Shore House, home to one of Britain’s greatest Cathedrals and the popular Marwell Zoo, it makes a fantastic day out for the whole family.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000 charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Friday or Monday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 2-night minimum stay, this may be increased to 5 or 7-nights across peak dates
- Pets welcome? : A maximum of 2 well behaved dogs are permitted on a request basis, please note that this is subject to the owner's discretion and you will need to state the breeds at time of booking. There will be an additional charge of £50 per dog, per stay.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that the house is situated in a residential area so please be respectful of neighbours when using the outdoor space - NO outside parties, fireworks or loud music. Stag do's are NOT permitted.