Charming, Elegant Villa with Pool & Gardens; Near Montecatini Terme
With patchwork views of Tuscan landscapes around you from the elevated swimming pool, Villa Bernardino offers charm and character in beautiful surroundings, perfectly positioned between Lucca and Florence.
This is a handsome five-bedroom villa with a picture-perfect yellow façade and pretty shutters which is sure to impress you on your arrival. The<i> casa</i> dates back to the early 19th century and has been wonderfully restored to retain a great sense of history throughout. Expect characterful elegance, antique furnishings and terracotta floors alongside modern comforts such as a superbly equipped kitchen, modern bathrooms and air-conditioning in most of the bedrooms. Set over three levels, if you are not admiring the incredible frescoes on the ceilings of some of the second-floor en-suite bedrooms, then you’ll be gazing out at the typically Tuscan views of cypress trees, vineyards and olive groves.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Bernardino is located in northern Tuscany between Lucca and Florence in the beautiful hills filled with woodland, olive and cypress trees, looking out towards the spa-town of Montecatini Terme. The land surrounding the villa comprises ten hectares of parkland and terraces growing olive trees and vineyards. It’s just a five-minute drive to two of the oldest villages in the area and there is a variety of traditional Tuscan restaurants in a 10 to 15-minute drive. The nearest supermarket is around 6km away or head to Montecatini Terme (7.5km) for a greater choice of amenities. Indeed, Montecatini Terme (7.5km) is a wonderful place to visit and is well-known for it’s nine thermal spas where you can experience a number of different treatments as well as admire the historic buildings in which they are housed. Explore the town itself, looking out for historic fountains, impressive buildings and high-end shops. Take the 19th century funicular up to the medieval village of Montecatini Alto and be mesmerised by the spectacular views around you. Other local villages to visit include Pescia (10km) with its grand cathedral, Collodi (13km) with its famous associations with Pinocchio and Monsummano Terme (12km), again known for its thermal springs including the incredible Grotta Giusti, a natural paradise. For nature lovers, a visit to the Padule di Fucecchio wetlands, around half an hour away, is another wonderful day out. The nature reserve is perfect for long walks as you spot a number of migrating birds, a variety of herons and discover all sorts of unusual flora and fauna – look out for guided tours departing from the visitors centre in Larciano (24km). You are also close to the picturesque village of Vinci (28km), a delightful place to explore not just because it’s the birthplace of Leonardo di Vinci. Visit the museum, enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch, perhaps sampling some of the local olive oil and wine, then follow the 3km-long trail (the <i>Sentiero Verde</i>) through the vineyards to the artist’s birthplace. Of course, a visit to Lucca (30km) is a must when staying in this region – be enchanted by its exquisite architecture, atmospheric squares and medieval centre. The world-famous cities of Florence (60km) and Pisa (50km) are also around an hour away by car (consider travelling to Florence by train from Montecatini Terme) or head south, perhaps passing some of the idyllic Chianti villages, until you reach Siena, around 120km away. For beach lovers, head to the beaches of the Versilia coastline, under an hour away, where you will find sandy shores, blue-flag beaches, watersports opportunities and overall a great day by the sea. Viareggio (55km) and Forte dei Marmi (65km) are particularly well loved seaside resorts that are easily reached.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800.00 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Up to 200 Kw. Excess charged at €0.35xx per Kw.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €5.50 m3, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €400.00, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair are available on request.