majestic seven bedroom villa with dry sauna
Receive a warm welcome at this majestic villa set in the foothills north of Lucca, just a short drive from the beautiful Tuscan town.
Villa Elixir has been recently renovated to an exceptionally high standard by its Tuscan owners who have designed the interiors with grace and elegance. On the entrance level a grand living area is an inviting space to share precious time with loved ones whilst a cosy lounge with satellite TV is the perfect place for kids to relax. Gather together for feasts in the dining room downstairs, perhaps prepared by a private chef in the professionally equipped kitchen, selecting only the very best Tuscan wines from the cellar.
A lift or stairs take you up to the top two levels of this four-storey house where you will find seven wonderfully designed bedrooms, each with their own individual style and en suite marble bath or shower rooms. Individually controlled heating and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
Beds & Bath
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Elixir enjoys a hillside position just 12km from the historic and beautiful town of Lucca. Wander around 500m to reach the nearest restaurant, an authentic osteria, whilst other local shops, restaurants and a supermarket can be found in and around the nearest village, about a 5-minute drive away. The local roads are ideal for walking or jogging by the vineyards in this picturesque setting. One of the greatest draws of the villa’s location is its close proximity to the delightful town of Lucca, just 12km away. Start by exploring the atmospheric city walls, by foot or bike, and take in the amazing views. The historic centre inside the walls is full of charm as you will discover when pottering around the narrow lanes, coming across old churches and exquisite architecture. Dine in excellent restaurants, find your favourite bar or visit one of the inviting gelaterias or pasticcerie. It’s an easy drive home after a day or evening out in Lucca – you will soon feel like a local as you keep heading back to explore a little more! Pisa (30km) is also within easy reach, or drive a little further north towards Viareggio (36km) for a day by the blue-flag beaches of the Versilia coast where you will find some fantastic summer watersports. Spend time soaking up the atmosphere of this vibrant seaside town. Beguiling Florence (79km) is just over an hour away on the well-connected autostrada or discover some of the idyllic villages and towns even closer such as Montecatini Terme (32km) with its thermal spas and Vinci (45km), the birthplace of the famous artist. For another spectacular day out you could even travel as far as the incredible seafront village of Porto Venere and the enchanting villages of the Cinque Terre – find out why this part of the coastline has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site. La Spezia (86km), the gate-way to the Cinque Terre, is just over an hour away by car or avoid the tourists by visiting some of the less crowded villages along the romantic Golfo dei Poeti. There are also plenty of cycling and mountain biking opportunities in the area around Villa Elixir and horse-riding near Lucca. Keen walkers can uncover some lovely trails in the region as well as hiking paths further afield with the Apuan Alps around an hour away.
Let’s try that again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Building Elevator
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000 paid via bank transfer to the owner six weeks before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 - 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : By 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, up to 200W per week. Excess charged extra, payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus daily maid service (6 hours per day, 6 days per week). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included (ground floor only).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : On-site staff (a couple) live in their private quarters in the basement of the villa.
- Other Ts and Cs : There is a charge to use the 4-person sauna in the pool house, payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchair and cot are available on request.