historic country mansion in tranquil surroundings
Belsay Tower is a 13th century, historic country mansion, set within tranquil surroundings and beautifully-kept gardens, it makes the perfect home away from home for those in search of a truly relaxing break. While guests will feel a million miles away from any hustle and bustle, there are a huge variety of interesting and exciting attractions within easy reaching distance, including the wonderful Northumberland coastline and the lively city of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Belsay Tower Estate comprises of the Manor House and the Annex Wing and can therefore comfortably accommodate up to thirty guests, for those in smaller groups it is possible to rent these properties individually. With open fires and plush sofas, the living accommodation is spacious and ideal for gatherings consisting of two drawing rooms, a large family AGA kitchen which comes fully equipped with all the tools a budding chef could possibly need as well as a formal...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Belsay Tower Estate is situated within beautiful Northumberland countryside, close to the villages of Bolam and Belsay, where helpful amenities including a post office and coffee shop can be found. There is plenty to see, do and explore within the immediate area including Belsay Hall, Castle & Gardens, owned by English Heritage and Wallington House, owned by the National Trust, both make for lovely days out and are less than 15-minutes away. The whole family will enjoy a visit to Kirkley Hall Zoological Gardens, home to over one hundred species of animals including lemurs, meerkats, wallabies and monkeys and just 15-minutes from home. Belsay Tower makes a fabulous choice for those simply wanting to enjoy the great outdoors, being surrounded by countryside, there is plenty of brilliant walking opportunities as well as cycling routes and bridleways. Bolam Lake Country Park has lakeside walks, woodland tracks, open grassed areas for all to enjoy making it perfect for picnics and is just 5-minutes away. Further afield, Alnwick Castle is just 50-minutes away and is a must-visit for any Harry Potter fans while the iconic Hadrian’s Wall, the Roman's biggest British building project that still dominates the county's landscape almost 2,000 years after it was built, is just an hour away. For beach bums, Northumberland’s coastline is truly stunning, designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, it stretches for 40 miles and is a must-visit, Bamburgh Castle, Druridge Bay, Holy Island and the Farne Islands are all spots we recommend exploring. The coastline can be reached in less than 40-minutes from Belsay Tower Estate. For those who prefer a little more hustle and bustle, the vibrant city of Newcastle is less than a 30-minute car journey away from the house, here visitors will enjoy excellent shopping and fantastic bars and restaurants. Newcastle Airport is just 20-minutes away, making Bolam Tower Estate an accessible base, ideal for a reunion of friends or family.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 to be paid prior to arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 3pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Friday or Monday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay at weekends, there is a 4-night minimum across mid-week dates
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that the owners do live on-site however in a completely separate building and so guests retain total privacy.
- Other 2 : No stag do's permitted