Spectacular 3 bedroom penthouse overlooking the sublime second beach of Clifton
A spectacular penthouse overlooking the sublime second beach of Clifton, Cape Ridge is an immense home for six guests with a magnificent roof terrace complete with a private pool!
A grand set of double gates greets you at street level, leading you into private parking and from here into a lift up into the main villa. Your living space comprises an open-plan living and dining room with the most magical views across the sea. To one side there’s a lovely lounge with a sofa in front of the TV, facing the vast sea-front windows. Alongside this is an incredibly picturesque dining spot, with the best views and the most marvellous dining arrangement. Eight fabulously formal chairs are placed around a delightful large table, under elegant lighting and glistening in the natural light which floods through the huge retractable wall! In this area there’s also an incredible, fully-equipped kitchen with sparkling white fittings, a retro...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
With a stay in the sublime Cape Ridge, you can be on the beach in seconds, making this a dream stay for beach lovers and families alike! Set into a perfectly protected cove and right on the lower slopes of Lion’s Head, Clifton is one of the most exclusive areas of the city, and your location here is truly hard to beat. The four Clifton beaches are famous for their natural beauty, spectacular scenery and gentle waves year-round and its 4th beach even enjoys Blue Flag status. What’s more, just north of the four Clifton beaches and also within walking distance is Bantry Bay and its Sea Point Promenade, ideal for gentle strolling or even jogging, all with the most magnificent views! Within a short drive is the iconic V&A Waterfront, a retail and entertainment area right at the foot of Table Mountain with tons of shops, restaurants, markets of all kinds and even both an Aquarium and Marine Museum. It is the starting point for almost all tours, cruises and excursions. Within a short walk of here is the Green Point market, tucked just outside the Green Point Stadium. Visit on Sundays to find locals selling all kinds of authentic arts, craft and curios – just be sure to barter, as they’ll be expecting you to! If you like to hike at all, be sure to head up Table Mountain, you can take the cable car (or a 2 to 3 hour very steep walk!) up to the top, where 2km of paths can be wandered giving you panoramic views of the city and Table Bay. There’s even a restaurant up here for dining with a view! The Table Mountain National Park itself comprises several areas of interest along the peninsula, including Cape Hope and Cape Point, and is bursting with fascinating wildlife including ostriches, antelopes and baboons, and of course breath-taking scenery! The Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens make for another fantastic day in nature, with remarkable views and a diverse array of plants, forest and gardens across 528 hectares! Cape Point itself offers miles of dramatic coastline scenery, including golden beaches of soft sands, peaks and valleys rich in fertile land and an interesting history, where again you can see fascinating wildlife! Of course, one on the region’s most iconic locations is Boulders Beach, home to a colony of thousands of African penguins which you can watch and admire in their natural habitat, and it’s only around one hour from the villa! Top tip – head over in September during breeding season to try catch a glimpse of penguins hatching! And if it’s wildlife you’re after, within around two hours of the city you can even go on safari! Surfing (and kite-surfing) are, as you might expect, major sports in the area, thanks to the varied coastline made up of protected coves to huge open beaches with enormous waves, promising something for all levels! You can also take part in a little sea kayaking, where you have a good chance of spotting seals, penguins, dolphins – and even the odd whale! Or even take an official trip whale watching where you’re likely to see Southern right whales, bottlenose and dusky dolphin and occasionally even humpback and killer whales! As well as this there are loads more activities to take part in across the region, including helicopter rides, hot air ballooning, paragliding, shark cage diving and more, and you’ll find it all on offer at the V&A Waterfront!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Building Elevator
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : 20,000 Rand (approx. £900) charged to client’s credit card by the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access included in rental price
- Minimum stay : 3 nights
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted
- Pool heating charge? : Pool heating is included in the rental price from October to April. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.