Classical Castle overlooks the Valley up to Mount Cucco
- 15 Bedrooms
- 18 Bathrooms
- 31 Guests
The imposing castle stands on a hill that overlooks the valley up to Mount Cucco on a wide bend of the river Chiascio, in the municipality of Gubbio. Immersed in an untouched landscape, rich with woods, meadows and streams of water, it establishes its history in the Middle Ages when it was the fortress of the defense of the Municipality of Gubbio against that of Perugia. It has never been conquered even by the Dukes of Montefeltro who unfortuntely succeeded to tear down its mill which was then rebuilt and is still existing. Only in 1431 the castle passed to the Urbino family. Here Federico da Montefeltro established his favorite hunting lodge. It is said that the Duke himself usually enjoyed his days in the hunt of fallow deers and wild boars that still populate the estate. From 1830 the property passed to the family that still owns the residence and has direct descent from Napoleon Bonaparte.
In this enchantment of nature,...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Washer On Property
Air Conditioning: Central
Dryer On Property
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- • Not suitable for children and infants
- • No smoking
- • No pets
- • No parties or events
- • Check-in is anytime after 3:00 PM