Historic Country Mansion With The Grandiose And Peaceful Tennis
With captivating views of olive groves surrounding you, as well as being close to Lucca, Pisa and Florence, Casa Taffy is a delightful holiday home for family or friends wanting to experience this alluring part of northern Tuscany.
Dating back to the 17th century, this former farmhouse has been wonderfully restored by its hospitable owner who also produces high-quality extra virgin olive oil from olive trees dotted across the estate. Recently refurbished as well, the casa offers traditionally Tuscan yet stylish interiors alongside great modern comforts such as satellite TVs in each of the five bedrooms, four en suite bathrooms and air-conditioning throughout. Impressive fireplaces, fine furnishings and an abundance of original features add character and warmth to this inviting Tuscan home.
Many summer days will be spent dining al-fresco looking out towards the glorious landscapes around you, preparing feasts in the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In a beautiful part of northern Tuscany, perfectly located between Florence and Pisa and just half an hour from Lucca, Casa Taffy enjoys wonderful views of the Valdinievole towards the enchanting spa-town of Montecatini Terme. You are surrounded by hills covered in olive trees so typical of this region. Indeed, the owner produces his own extra virgin olive oil using traditional methods, thus creating a high quality product. It’s around 4km to the local village which is made up of a collection of picturesque and historic hamlets as well as useful amenities in the main part such as restaurants, cafes, shops and a supermarket. Montecatini Terme (10km) is a delightful town to visit with its historic fountains, impressive architecture and fashionable shops. There are nine thermal spas across the town which can be found in beautiful buildings and one of the reasons for the town’s popularity. The medieval village of Montecatini Alto is another place of beauty. Visit via the old-fashioned funicular – it’s a great spot for lunch and the views at the top are spectacular. Lucca (30km) is also within easy driving distance or you could take the 30-minute train ride from the local station, about 4km away. It’s an enchanting town with gorgeous cobbled lanes, exquisite squares and of course the historic city walls, not to mention the wonderful shops, bars and restaurants. Other local villages to explore include Vinci (28km), the birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci and Collodi (12km), well-known for its associations with Pinocchio. Pescia (10km) is another gem with a great cathedral and the thermal springs at Monsummano Terme (12km) should also be on your list of possible places to visit. Pisa (47km) can also be reached in around fifty minutes, a city with great charm and so many attractions, not just the leaning tower. Florence (58km), about an hour away by car, is also a perfect day trip with its art galleries, architecture and ambience. After all that sight-seeing, spend the day relaxing on the beach along the Versilia coastline with resorts such as Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi under an hour away. The most adventurous could even drive as far as La Spezia (103km), the gateway to the famous Cinque Terre National Park and also close to the romantic seaside villages of the Golfo dei Poeti.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : By 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost based on consumption, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including change on Wednesday and Saturday for stays of two weeks or more.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, including change on Wednesday and Saturday for stays of two weeks or more.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures. In this case, the solar panel system is only able to increase the water temperature slightly and is weather dependent. The water temperature can reach a maximum of 30C.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement may apply (payable locally).
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outdoors only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.