17th Century Mansion with Large Victorian Walled Garden
Originally built in the 17th century, this is a baronial mansion enlarged in 1836 by the same architect that built the neighboring Balmoral Castle owned by the Royal family. It has been extended several times over the years and was partially reconstructed in 1955 retaining its Scottish style.
The current owners Lynne & Marc Lino, bought the property in 2014 from Sir Billy Connolly a famous comedian/actor who owned the property for 15 years. Prior to this the mansion was owned by the founders of the Body Shop chain Anita and Gordon Roddick. Considerable investment has recently been made into the interior redesign of this stunning property including an environmentally friendly biomass heating system throughout and magnificent chef’s kitchen.
Guests enjoy private, exclusive use offering 12 luxury bedrooms each with their own allocated bathroom. Public areas include an impressive formal Tartan Dining Room, stunning...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
No Pets Allowed
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.