Large luxury villa with impressive facilities and views
The astounding Villa Machis is grand, elegant and very special. With five bedroom suites, this seriously impressive villa sleeps 10 guests and offers luxurious comfort and astonishing facilities. The villa is situated on the Akrotiri peninsula, just 6 km from the fabulous Old Town of Chania and with stunning views of both Souda Bay and the gorgeous, majestic White Mountains. The nearest village is Kounipidiana which is 4 km from the villa. With excellent concierge services from the Operations Manager, Villa Machis is a dreamy holiday destination. The 11,500 sqm estate is completely private and boasts manicured gardens with luscious planting, swaying palms, pristine lawns, colourful well-tended plant pots everywhere, a gorgeous terrace with a fantastic pool, outdoor kitchen bar and relaxation areas, a tennis court, table tennis and it’s even accessible by helicopter. Villa Machis is hard to beat! As soon as you arrive at the villa, you...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Machis offers a tranquil, natural environment for your relaxation. It is close to the village of Kounipidiana where you will find bakeries, supermarkets, bars and restaurants. The villa is only 10 minutes from the main national road so it is very easy to take excursions. There are several sandy beaches close to the villa including Kalathas Beach and Marathi Beach. Opposite Kalathas is a small island which you can easily reach by swimming. The beach is very well organised with umbrellas, loungers, watersports, restaurants and bars. Marathi actually has two beaches, separated by a small pier. They are well protected from the winds and boast impressive views to Drapanos Cape and the White Mountains. Again there is a small island which can be reached by swimming with a small pine wood. The western coast of it is popular with scuba divers. Stavros Bay is also very popular. The main beach is where ‘Zorbas’ was filmed. Seitan Limania is a tiny, beautiful cove though it can get busy. Loutraki Beach and Tersanas Beach are also excellent. On the west of Crete you will find some of the most amazing and famous beaches of Crete including Phalasarna, Balos, Gramvousa and Elefonisi. They feature on many posters and postcards of Crete and are definitely worth a trip. As well as gorgeous, sandy beaches the peninsula of Akrotiri also boasts several interesting monasteries. The impressive Agia Triada was founded in the 17th century. The monastery also houses a small museum. The 16th century Moni Gouverneto is 4 km north. Chania Old Town is considered to be one of the most alluring, captivating parts of Crete. With picturesque, narrow alleys decked with pretty bouganivillea, a fabulous dining scene and atmospheric bars, it is very attractive and charming. The old Venetian harbour offers a phenomenal location for romantic strolls and dinner. It was originally built by the Venetians between 1320 and 1356 and is now a vibrant, cosmopolitan spot. The Egyptian lighthouse is much photographed, especially at sunset. You can take a slow meander to the lighthouse to take in the stunning views of the harbour, Old Town with the majestic White Mountains in the background. On the waterfront, the Giali Tzamisi is the oldest Muslim building in Crete. The name is translated to ‘The Seaside Mosque’. It plays host to various cultural events and exhibitions.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €3000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner upon arrival and refunded within two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 16:00 or later
- Departure time : 12:00 (noon)
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Pets welcome? : At owners discretion, ask before booking.
- End of stay cleaning included? : b. Yes and daily cleaning except Sunday also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : Seven days in high season and four out of high season. Seven days for all 2020 dates.
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access included in rental price. It is good to note that the speed is dependent on local provider and technical issues may cause reduced speed or cut of service.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. These are changed mid-week.
- Changeover day : Generally Saturdays but out of high season there may be some flexibility.