Beautiful Remote Experience in the Poets House
The poet’s House is the ancient stone quarry shelter built in the late nineteenth century inside a stone quarry. The House is located in one of the most beautiful natural landscapes of Lake Como surrounded by a wooded park that boasts a variety of century-old trees, laurel, olive, magnolia and fruit trees. The House was the based of the writer Giuseppe Guin where he has set his novels.
The House is located in a strategic position, a private corner where you spend unforgettable moments. It can be reached by the lake only. It is the ideal solution for guests looking for a quiet and charming place.
The living room, with antique furniture, with the old kitchen and the sink carved into the granite, is cut between the square stones of the quarry.
The room, called “Bilancia” (Scales), overlooks the lake and from the windows, salt the lapping of the waves that break on the rocks. The room, called “Lanterna”...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Barbeque Grill: Charcoal
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On select bookings made after May 6th, 2020 with a check-out date on or before June 30, 2021*, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 cancellation fee. *Exclusion and Blackout dates apply. Stays taking place between December 20, 2020 and January 3, 2021 do not qualify for 10-day cancellation. Some individual homes may not be participating as noted in their individual Property Display Page.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- Important, please read carefully :
- Please do not move any furniture inside or outside the villa. Ask the host in site advise, you may be charged for the inconvenience.
- When you got out of the villa, please remember to take in umbrellas, sunbeds and cushions from outside in case of a sudden storm.
- Please remember if you stay in the countryside leave doors or windows closed to avoid unwanted visitors such as mosquitoes, mice, lizards could access inside the house.
- Please do not leave rubbish in the kitchen or on the terrace/garden during your stay as it will attract insects. Take any waste and bottles to the nearest collection point.
- We reserve the right to charge € 30.00 to those who do not carry out the separate collection and € 30.00 to those who do not leave the rubbish at the collection point indicated in the villa book.
- The villa owner asks guests not to use candles as it is impossible to remove wax from the terracotta floors. Deductions will be made for any candle spillage.
- Swimming pool: Please take time to familiarise yourselves with the lake on your arrival and supervise children there at all times.
- Please try to be economical with water usage due to the severe water shortage in Italy during the summer months.
- Whenever available central heating usage is payable locally. Please be aware that heating gas is taxed highly in Italy, so this can be expensive