Douce Campagne at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Douce Campagne is simply a perfect paradise for those who long for the tranquillity of a rural getaway. It is situated within 20 hectares of private farmland and 5 hectares of woodland, accessed by a scenic, long and winding private drive. Imagine your excitement as you approach your destination.
The two bedroomed villa on one level sleeps four and has been beautifully designed to provide a contemporary and functional home, its high ceilings and wooden beams providing character and hints about the building’s history. The open plan living and dining areas have wide doors which bathe the space in light, provide stunning views over the farmland and open out to a terraced area with sun loungers. Sit back with your morning coffee and croissant to enjoy the surrounding bird song and the vista ahead of you.
Both bedrooms have mountain views so you may be tempted to leave your curtains open at night for early morning views. The...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The villa is situated just 10km south of Biarritz in a secluded rural location, surrounded by open farmland and forests. A picturesque Basque village is only 3km away where you will find a couple of restaurants. Look out for the golf course which passes in front of the village chateau. When the sea beckons, the beaches of Bidart and glitzy Biarritz are about ten minutes’ drive away. If you are feeling energetic, walk part of the 25km of coastal walk between Bidart (8km) to Hendaye, an easy marked trail with splendid ocean views. Head towards Illbarritz and Milady beach (10km), loved by the locals for its sea views, gentle walking along the promenade, surfing, children’s playground, restaurants and the City of the Ocean Museum. It’s not far to the heart of beautiful Biarritz, an elegant seaside town dating back to the mid-19th century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III. Here you will find some wonderful restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs, the former fishing port, where fresh seafood can be found. Food lovers don’t miss the amazing market at the Halles de Biarritz including many wonderful Basque specialities. Some of the local specialities include the local touron (marzipan), locally cured ham as well as mussels, mushrooms and more. These markets embody a way of life precious to Biarritz - locals meet there for breakfast before work and the neighbourhood comes to life at night. Also have a look round the shopping mall and characterful shops of the Biarritz Docks. It’s also a lovely atmosphere around the Port Vieux where there is a tiny sheltered beach loved by locals and the town’s main shopping street, Rue Port Vieux. Amazing Art Deco buildings around the town and especially along the beach include the casino (also home to a theatre and swimming pool) and the Aquarium which is a must for sea-lovers or families. The city of Bayonne is just 13km away, close to Biarritz. Walk around its narrow streets admiring the beautiful and historic architecture or stroll along the river front. The Musee Basque showcases the region’s arts, crafts and traditions. There are also some idyllic Basque villages inland to explore such as two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages; pretty Ainhoa (21km) and Sare (20km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with incredible views as well as hiking opportunities. Indeed, this whole region offers an extended range of outdoor activities, such as walking, horse-back riding, fishing, cycling, canoeing and many others including water-sports along the coast.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €650 will be charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests' insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for bookings of 2 weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : One high chair, one cot and one baby bath are available on request. An extra highchair and cot are available for hire at a cost of €120/week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra bed + towels and/or an inflatable mattress + towels are available on request for an extra charge of €150/week and €100/week, respectively.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is shared with the owner and is open from April to mid-October, subject to weather conditions (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).