Chateau Rural at Occitanie
In the heart of Gascony, surrounded by landscapes of sunflower fields and hills, is the magnificent estate of Château Rural. This charming and historical residence is a true reflection of this traditional region and is a wonderful retreat for families and friends looking for authenticity and peace.
The foundations of the estate date back to the Middle Ages yet it was in the 18th Century when the existing château was created by a famous countess who designed the magnificent park featuring statues and a small chapel where locals could go and worship. In the 19th century the new owner added an innovative irrigation system using windmills, two of which remain to this day, alongside other historical features such as the ancient wine cellar and the château’s original towers.
Inside, the style of the modern-day château is one of rustic charm and rural warmth, with twelve charming bedrooms featuring sweet and comfortable...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Rural is in the heart of Gascony, surrounded by six acres of parkland featuring wonderful walks and a swimming lake. The countryside around includes fields of sunflowers and wheat, creating stunning summer landscapes so typical of this region. Gascony (officially The Gers department) is one of the most unspoilt and rural regions of France with idyllic local villages and towns, beautiful scenery and a fantastic reputation for its gastronomy with local markets selling wonderful local produce including foie gras and confits. The nearest village is within walking distance, as are tennis courts whilst the nearest cafes, restaurants and shops are within a ten-minute drive to Fleurance (10km) or Lectoure (13km). The historic hilltop village of Lectoure (13km) is incredibly attractive and there is a lovely antique market in what used to be the old 18th century hospital. The Friday morning Farmer’s market is a must to buy some of the amazing local produce and there are also some excellent restaurants and cafes across the picturesque village. Fleurance (10km) is another pretty market town and the weekly market on a Tuesday morning is one of the largest in the area. Other villages and hamlets in the area to explore include three of France's ‘Plus Beaux Villages’, Fourcès (35km), Larresingle (27km) and Montréal du Gers (36km). The town of Condom (22km), only 25-minutes away, includes a Michelin-starred restaurant as well as boat rental, whilst Auch (32km), with its old quarter raised high above the Gers river, has an incredible cathedral. Private excursions can be arranged for guests to the towns of Lectoure, Auch and Condom, especially on market day. The delightful town of Agen (47km) is famous for producing prunes, often soaked in local brandy, and it is also worthy of a visit for its remarkable history and covered daily market. The cities of Toulouse (99km) and Bordeaux (175km) are also within striking distance for an exceptional day out. There is so much to do in this rural part of Gascony whether cycling, golf, horse-riding, hiking or canoeing on the River Baise in Beaucaire (20km). This is also Grand Armagnac country with plenty of opportunities to visit local producers; tastings and guided tours can easily be arranged.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival (or in cash on arrival) and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.00 p.m (all other times on request only).
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m (all other times on request only).
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. All linen changed once a week.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday or Sunday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : The brand new swimming pool is due to open in May 2019. It will then be open from early May to late October (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.