The Wine Cellar at Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
Wander down the cobbled lane in the heart of Beaune and step into your serene abode. This home is sure to impress you with its elegance and beauty, not to mention its prime setting in the heart of the Burgundy wine region.
This is an exceptional house which has been designed with grace and style to the very highest of standards. High ceilings and minimalist yet sleek décor add to the great feeling of space in the vast living-dining room with perfect white furnishings against the dark tiled floors and impressive prints on the walls. The open-plan state-of-the-art kitchen is extremely well-equipped so you can create a Burgundian feast or even request a chef to cook for you and your guests.
A beautiful 17th century staircase winds upstairs with a backdrop of exposed stone, leading to three sumptuous bedrooms, all featuring air-conditioning, flat-screen TVs and ensuite Italian showers. There are two sensual double...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The Wine Cellar is in the heart of Beaune, the wine-capital of the Côte-d’Or region in Burgundy. This is the perfect location for both the Côte de Beaune and Côte de Nuits appellations. The town is known for its excellent reputation in gastronomy as well as wine and there is a great variety of places to eat from Michelin starred establishments to more down to earth restaurants. There are many wonderful, ancient bars where you can sample some of the best local wines – the owner of The Wine Cellar will be able to advise you on the best places to go or even arrange a private wine-tasting in your own cellar. Also, don’t miss the great market on a Wednesday and Saturday morning. You are just a five-minute walk away from the famous 15th century Hospices de Beaune, one of France’s most stunning historical buildings. You can also enjoy this beautiful city by taking a stroll along the city’s ramparts or simply explore the cobbled streets and historical buildings. Take a picnic to one of the local parks such as Park Bouzaise where you can hire boats on the little lake, visit the animal park or enjoy a picnic in the five hectares of green space. Hire bikes to go out and about exploring whether along the Canal du Centre in Chagny (15km) or amongst the vineyards, discovering idyllic villages. This region also offers many wonderful marked hiking paths amongst some most spectacular landscapes as well as horse-riding in the countryside. Indeed, from Beaune you can follow the famous wine road by car or bike, <i>Route des Grands Crus</i>, which includes wonderful villages such as Pommard (5km), Volnay (6km), Meursault (10km) and Puligny-Montrachet (12km) as well as idyllic vineyards across the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune region where you can sample some of the best wines in Burgundy. Chagny (15km) is also a lovely place to visit with the Canal du Centre, ideal for walkers, cyclists or just a pleasant place for a picnic. It’s also the home to the 100-year old Maison Lameloise restaurant with its 3 Michelin stars as well as a delightful market on a Sunday morning. If you are wanting to explore further afield there is so much discover. Historical Autun (50km) was founded by the Romans and features a beautiful cathedral in the old town as well as a lovely central square which hosts a market on a Wednesday and Friday morning. Dijon (47km), which can be visited by car or train, is a historical city with a delightful old quarter and of course famous mustard stores whilst Cluny (80km by car) to the south is a stunning medieval village most famous for its abbey, a National Monument of France, once the largest in the western world. Within an hour you can also be entering the incredible Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan where you can discover woodlands, streams and waterfalls, gentle rolling hills and hidden villages. This region is perfect for hikers, horse-riders and cyclists and there’s a great variety of watersports on one of the lakes or rivers. To the north of the region is the wonderful hilltop village of Vézelay (119km) on the famous GR 654 walking path, one of the Santiago de Compostella routes. Guests may arrive by train with a high-speed connection (approx. 1hr35mins) between Paris Gare de Lyon and Dijon, then only 20-30 minutes onwards to Beaune.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000, payable to the owner in cash on arrival and refunded on departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Minimum stay : 4 nights.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Other Ts and Cs : During the Beaune Wine Auction (in the latter half of November) prices are on application.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.
- Tax : French Taxe De Séjour of €1 pp/pn, payable locally.