Elegant 4 Bedroom Villa in Skouloufia
This not-to-be-missed four-bedroom villa enjoys an ideal location for exploring the historical sites and beautiful beaches of Crete and boasts charming views of the island, perfect for enjoying the sunsets each evening.
The villa is situated in the appealing village of Skouloufia, just 17km from the popular town of Rethymno; the third biggest town in Crete.
The villa stands out for its elegance and carefully balanced indoor and outdoor spaces. Boasting stylish furnishings and modern facilities, there is everything you need for a comfortable, relaxed stay. Many of the great luxuries include open-plan and double-height living areas which create a bright interior environment while allowing the lucky guests to catch glimpses of the incredible surrounding landscapes and bright blue sky from almost every corner of the house.
On the ground floor, with patio doors opening to the terrace, the modern kitchen is the...
At a glance
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Situated on the north coast of Crete and 17 km away from Rethymno, the third largest town of the island, the historic village of Skouloufia is located almost equal distance of the international airports of Chania (CHQ) and Heraklion (HER). This charming village is surrounded by nature paths, perfect for exploring the stunning scenery of Cretem and the long sandy beach of Stavromenos is just 7km away. Rethymno itself is a beautiful town, with bustling shops and restaurants, as well as a picturesque beach. You’ll find the renowned Venetian Harbour filled with coloured fishing boats and lined with tavernas, bars and restaurants. Look out for places serving freshly-caught seafood or classic Greek dishes like souvlaki (tender cuts of meat) and moussaka. The Sacred Monastery of Arkadi is closely connected to the village of Skouloufia, located about a 15-minute drive from the villa. This holy spot is a peaceful oasis of golden stone buildings and flower-filled courtyards. From here, you can walk through fields and meadows to the village of Pikris and stop for lunch. Melidoni Cave is also a must visit; a place of stunning, natural beauty and great historical interest. This ancient, beautiful and decidedly spooky cave with its terrible history is well worth exploring, full of stalactites and a small alter that speaks eerily of the past. The entry cost is very affordable, ideal for an afternoon trip. The ancient town of Elefterna and its brand new museum, is also located just 3 km away. In this way Skouloufia offers the perfect base for exploring this ever-fascinating island of Crete.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, bath & pool towels are included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Minimum stay : 5 nights
- Heating costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Other Ts and Cs : The pools do not have child safety gates, therefore children must not use the pool without supervision