Maison Ocre at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Just minutes from the ocean and within walking distance to one of France’s most prestigious golf courses, Maison Ocre is a wonderful gem in a prime location just north of beautiful Biarritz.
The villa was built in 1925 by a famous French architect yet in a very traditional Spanish style, quite a contrast to many of the Basque villas you will see in this region. The living space is quite spectacular with two large rooms, sumptuous sofas, an elegant reading corner and even a pool table whilst the dining room is full of light, right next to the charming kitchen with its beautiful wooden table and period cooker. Patio doors from the dining and living rooms open up to a wonderful tiled patio with outdoor sofas and dining tables; you would be forgiven for thinking you were in Andalucia rather than southern France.
Upstairs there are five delightful bedrooms, each one with its own character from a sweet children’s room to...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Ocre is in a residential area just off the main road parallel to the coast, a short walk from Chiberta Golf Course, one of the most prestigious and most beautiful courses in France (do book well in advance). The beaches, Plage d’Ocean and Les Dunes, are also just over a five-minute walk away with their lovely promenade walkways, popular with walkers, cyclists and skateboarders. You can walk up the Chiberta forests and a pretty lake near the coast in just under half an hour, part of the Izadia Ecological Park (open in the summer months) near the mouth of the Adour River. This is a lovely area for walks, bird spotting and there are discovery kits for children. This part of the coast also has a skate park near the beach, tennis courts, a thalassotherapy centre and a tree-top adventure course near the river. You’ll find plenty of surfing schools along this part of the coast, as well as further south in central Biarritz; indeed this region has become a mecca for surfers from across the world. Oliver’s Travels guests can arrange surf coaching and/or equipment hire during their stay. It's only 5km to downtown Biarritz, an elegant seaside town dating back to the mid-19th century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III on La Grande Plage, Biarritz’ most famous beach. You will find some wonderful restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs, the former fishing port, where you will find fresh seafood. Food lovers don’t miss the amazing market at the Halles de Biarritz including many wonderful Basque specialities. Some of the local specialities include the local touron (marzipan), locally cured ham as well as mussels, mushrooms and more. For a change of scene, head to Bayonne (6km) where you can walk around the narrow streets admiring the beautiful and historic architecture or walk along the river front. Other coastal areas to visit include the picturesque town of Ciboure (27km) to the south where Matisse once lived and the lively resort of Saint-Jean-de-Luz (22km) with a great sandy beach and plenty of family-friendly activities as well as an abundance of golf courses and lovely walks along the surrounding coastline and hills. There are also some idyllic Basque villages inland to explore such as two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages; pretty Ainhoa (32km) and Sare (31km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with incredible views as well as hiking opportunities. Indeed, this whole region offers an extended range of outdoor activities, such as walking, horse-back riding, fishing, cycling, canoeing and many others including water-sports along the coast.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €650 will be charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests' insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for bookings of 2 weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the local representative’s rental terms upon booking confirmation.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : One high chair, one cot and one baby bath are available on request. An extra highchair and cot are available for hire at a cost of €120/week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra bed + towels and/or an inflatable mattress + towels are available on request for an extra charge of €150/week and €100/week, respectively.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from mid May to mid October subject to weather conditions (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).