Masseria Palmeto at Puglia
Masseria Palmento is a traditional, rustic style farmhouse set within tranquil and secluded grounds, which has been renovated to an impeccable standard, in the heart of Italy’s “heel,” Puglia.
This elegant, detached home epitomises grace and style, sympathetically restored to retain much of the original spirit of the building including the local stone and architectural traditions, while offering unobtrusive contemporary comfort.
The gardens at Masseria Palmeto are sublime; from the beautiful veranda leading onto a traditional stone courtyard with cacti and fragrant plants to the immaculately maintained lawns, framed by an original stone wall to the glistening pool and surrounding terrace with day-beds, parasols and chic pergola.
Tropical plants, swaying poplars and tall palms, as well as banana trees and bright flowers, make this place a tranquil, vibrant idyll, away from the bustle of the crowds:...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Masseria Palmeto is nestled between Castrignato dei Greci and Martano, in the Salento region. The Salento area is known as being an unspoilt slice of Italy, which is not dominated by tourist crowds. Known for its wild beaches, tempting food fished from nearby waters, the Salento peninsula is on the southernmost part of Italy’s heel. Salento is home to some of Italy’s loveliest towns and cities: the sea-front fortified hidden gems of Gallipoli and Otrano and the beautiful baroque sophistication of Lecce to name a few. Masseria Palmento is just a few moments from Martano, which is where guests will find local amenities such as grocery shops, cafes and bakery. In summer this traditional town comes to life with events, local festivals and open-air theatre. An array of fabulous beaches can be found just a few kilometres away. Puglia, a southern region forming the heel of Italy’s “boot” is known for its distinctive white-washed hill towns, centuries-old farmland and hundreds of kilometres of Mediterranean coastline. The capital Bari is a vibrant port and university town, whilst Lecce is the ‘Florence of the south’ - known for its baroque architecture and “Trulli” - stone huts with cone-shaped roofs that were originally homes; today they can be visited in their preserved form, and provide something of a fairy tale-esque experience for younger members of the group!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800 payable upon arrival
- Arrival time : 4 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : Pets fiendly upon request
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July and August. 5 nights during all other periods.
- Heating costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.