Restored Traditional Country 3 Bedroom Farmhouse in Maussane-les-Alpilles
A traditional farmhouse full of old-world charm which has been immaculately restored, Le Mas Lavande is a beautiful home just a stroll away from true Provençal life in an idyllic village in Maussane-les-Alpilles.
Inside you’ll be welcomed into the warm ambience of this delightful home with its four pretty bedrooms and wonderful living space. The owners have retained so much character through the timeless Provençal décor yet there are plenty of modern amenities from Wi-Fi to air-conditioning. The impressive chef’s kitchen is a dream for keen cooks with hand-crafted Provençal buffets and cookware brands such as Le Creuset, Lagostina and Staub. Prepare a feast to be served in the open-plan dining room before retiring to the sofas by the open-fire or head through the French doors to dine al-fresco under the starry skies by the sound of the trickling fountain.
Whether staying with a family or group of friends there’s...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Le Mas Lavande sits on the edge of a charming village right in the heart of the stunning Les Alpilles, in the Vallée des Baux and surrounded by rolling vineyards and olive groves. The house is less than a five-minute stroll to the heart of the village where you’ll find some brilliant restaurants, from amazing pizzerias and charming bistros to Michelin starred establishments. In the morning you can choose between three bakeries for your morning croissants and bread, head to the deli for an exceptional choice of local products such as cheese and olives and pick up your meat and fish from the butchers and fish mongers (which is also a wine and oyster bar!). There are also two small grocery stores as well as a bank, pharmacy and some lovely gift shops. The village is well known for its amazing olive oil produced in the two remaining windmills. There will be plenty of opportunity to sample olive oil at a local press, some of the best in the country, as well as some of the other wonderful gourmet produce from this region. Just a short drive north is Les Baux de Provence (4km), a unique and incredible place classified as one of France’s <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>. Explore the pretty squares, narrow streets and little shops, then wander around the fortified-château. Those who are more adventurous can find some beautiful walking trails around the village and beyond or simply head to the surrounding vineyards and olive groves to sample yet more of the region’s fine foods. You are of course in the heart of this formidable area of vineyards, idyllic villages, world-renowned towns, and summer landscapes of sunflowers both in Les Alpilles National Park and beyond. Nearby St-Rémy (10km) is well known for being popular with artists who display their works in the village’s art galleries and food lovers shouldn’t miss the market on a Wednesday morning! Eygalières (20km), one of the prettiest hilltop villages in Provence loved by a handful of A-list celebrities, and Van Gogh’s precious Arles (22km) are also both within easy reach. Gordes (53km) is yet another one of the beautiful villages worth visiting with stunning architecture, set in the outstanding Luberon region, surrounded by lavender fields in the summer months. Those looking for activity have so much on their doorstep. There is both horse-riding and golf within a short drive and both the immediate and wider area are a walkers and cyclists paradise with stunning countryside and landscapes. Older children will love kayaking in the Sorgue and there are plenty of other family friendly activities throughout the region from model railways to the north, open castles to trekking across the tree tops and visiting a zoo. Not forgetting the stunning landscapes and natural beauty of the Camargue, which is just a short drive away. A beautiful melange of land, lagoon and sea with pink flamingos, wild white horses, rice fields and endless wild countryside and beaches, this natural park covers 900 square kilometres of land. Endless activities can be offered from horse-riding, trekking, quad biking and jeep tours across this diverse and unique area.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2,000 charged to client’s credit card as an authorisation before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Heating costs included? : Yes (reversible air-conditioning).
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note the property sleeps a maximum of 10 guests, made up of 8 adults and 2 children under 10
- Tax :