Les Rochers at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
A simply stunning and unique place in one of Provence’s most incredible regions, Les Rochers will astound guests with its natural beauty and history. Set a stone’s throw from the heart of one of France’s <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>, Les Baux de Provence, you are surrounded by olive groves and vineyards so typical of the enchanting Les Alpilles National Park.
Built into the rocks of Les Baux, this partially caved home dates back to the Roman times and has been beautifully restored to give it a modern yet characteristic ambience. Contemporary art and designer furniture perfectly complement exposed stone walls, wood beamed ceilings and open fireplaces. The impressive master bedroom, with its own terrace and fireplace, features a Roman inspired bathroom whilst there are two pretty en-suite doubles downstairs by the pool. Here you’ll also find a separate and simpler two-bedroom guest-house which is made available for...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
In this unique location, you can walk up to Les Baux de Provence (1km) in about fifteen minutes if you don't mind that it’s uphill and steep in parts! It's also just a short drive. The village, classified as one of France’s <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>, is in an incredible setting in the heart of Les Alpilles National Park. Explore the pretty squares, narrow streets and lovely restaurants, then wander around the fortified-château. Those who are more adventurous can find some beautiful walking trails around the village and beyond or simply head to the surrounding vineyards and olive groves to sample some of the fine produce of the region. Nearby Mausanne is another charming village surrounded by rolling vineyards and olive groves. Here you’ll find some brilliant restaurants, from amazing pizzerias and charming bistros to Michelin starred establishments as well as bakeries, a deli, butchers and two small grocery stores as well as a bank and pharmacy. The village is well known for its amazing olive oil produced in the two remaining windmills. There will be plenty of opportunity to sample olive oil at a local press, some of the best in the country, as well as some of the other wonderful gourmet produce from this region. You are of course in the heart of this formidable area of vineyards, idyllic villages, world-renowned towns, and summer landscapes of sunflowers both in Les Alpilles National Park and beyond. Nearby St-Rémy is well known for being popular with artists who display their works in the village’s art galleries and food lovers shouldn’t miss the market on a Wednesday morning! Eygalières, one of the prettiest hilltop villages in Provence loved by a handful of A-list celebrities, and Van Gogh’s precious Arles are also both within easy reach. Gordes is yet another one of the beautiful villages worth visiting with stunning architecture, set in the outstanding Luberon region, surrounded by lavender fields in the summer months. Those looking for activity have so much on their doorstep. There is both horse-riding and golf within a short drive and both the immediate and wider area are a walkers and cyclists paradise with stunning countryside and landscapes. Older children will love kayaking in the Sorgue and there are plenty of other family friendly activities throughout the region from model railways to the north, open castles to trekking across the tree tops and visiting a zoo. Not forgetting the stunning landscapes and natural beauty of the Camargue, which is just a short drive away. A beautiful melange of land, lagoon and sea with pink flamingos, wild white horses, rice fields and endless wild countryside and beaches, this natural park covers 900 square kilometres of land. Endless activities can be offered from horse-riding, trekking, quad biking and jeep tours across this diverse and unique area.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2,000 charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €200 per week, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Mid-stay for 2-week bookings also included.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and by prior arrangement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from May to the end of September.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean for 2-week bookings also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : The Guest House is only included in the price for 7-10 guests.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax included in prices