Villa Souda at
For an idyllic family-friendly retreat, head to seven-bedroomed Villa Souda near the seaside city of Chania on the northwest coast of Crete. It’s an extensive three-level maisonette with a private pool. Surrounded by green gardens with vegetables, herbs and a vineyard, alongside rustic stone fencing, it’s secluded and private. Plus, it’s just 200 metres from Vlites Beach – a sandy, well-protected bay. Laid-out for a relaxing home from home stay, there are parking spaces on site, alongside an outdoor barbecue and a wood oven. Shaded by parasols and surrounded by a garden dotted with palm and cypress trees, rock gardens and flower arrangements, the inviting pool area is a lovely spot to pass the day (especially with a cooling drink in hand). There are grassy areas – perfect for children to play safely and in sight – and plenty of chairs and sun loungers for you to while away the day on. The air-conditioned villa has Wi-Fi throughout and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Souda is ideally located 1km from peaceful Souda, a seaside town on the sun-soaked island of Crete. Although it’s in a secluded and quiet spot, surrounded by green gardens, the villa is also just 50 metres from local waterfront taverns, 200 metres from the sandy beach of Vlites and 800 metres from amenities including a supermarket and a cinema/bowling/playground complex. With gorges to be walked, ancient sites to be visited, time trodden villages to be discovered, and stunning sandy beaches to be lazed upon, it’s the perfect Greek destination for holidaymakers of any age. Plus, food is in abundance. Look out for fresh seafood and traditional Greek moussaka. The villa is 5km from the beautiful city of Chania. There you’ll find a charming Venetian Harbour and old port, alongside narrow shopping streets and waterfront restaurants. For days spent relaxing on the beach, Villa Souda is 10km (a 20-minute drive) from the small but beautiful beach of Marathi-Loutraki and 10km from Agioi Apostoloi Beach with crystal-clear and calm swimming waters. From Chania, it’s a two-hour drive to the island's capital Heraklion where you can immerse yourself in ancient culture. The vibrant port city is best known for the Palace of Knossos. The archaeological site dates back thousands of years to the Minoan civilisation. Guarding the city’s Venetian port is the 16th-century Koules fortress. A drive around Heraklion will also bring you to traditional villages, Medieval castles, Byzantine monasteries and secluded coves.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Internet access? : Complimentary wifi is available at the house.
- Arrival time : Guests may check in 16:00 or later
- Departure time : Checkout time is 10:00 or earlier
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & towels are all included in the rate.
- Pets welcome? : Sorry, pets are not welcome at this villa.
- Smoking Allowed? : Guests may only smoke outside the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.