Traditional Rustic Country Home in Somerset
The Grange offers a retreat for those in search of a unique countryside escape with a difference. The wonderful location offers the perfect opportunity to explore the delights of the Somerset levels.
Bird lovers may be lucky enough to spot buzzards, cranes and herons. A visit to Wells Cathedral, Glastonbury Abbey and the five National Nature reserves are a must! But you don’t have to go out and about if you simply need oodles of space for energetic children (and grownups) to run around in, just make the most of the huge gardens you will have all to yourselves.
For those who prefer indoor comforts, the Grade II listed home boasts a classic and tasteful interior. Filled with wonderful original features Gothic arch doorways, exposed beams, flagstone floors, a vaulted galleried landing and open fireplaces all add to the unique atmosphere. This hidden jewel within Somerset is believed to date back to the 13th century,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Grange is located in a wonderful position for those wanting to explore the beautiful county of Somerset. Popular Glastonbury, steeped in myth and history, is just a 25-minute car journey from the house. For shopaholics, Clarks Village is just 20-minutes away and offers a variety of designer and high street brands at outlet prices. The home is located in the small village of Stawell, set less than five miles from the market town of Bridgwater where a large variety of helpful amenities, including shops and restaurants, can be found. While guests will be able to enjoy complete and total tranquillity, the house is conveniently situated less than 10 minutes from the M5. The Grange makes a wonderful base for those wishing to truly explore the West Country, with some of the region’s most beautiful spots and attractions within easy reaching distance. These include, Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole Caves, Dunster Castle, Exmoor, the Quantocks, Mendips, Brendon Hills, the cities of Bath and Wells, Glastonbury Abbey and Tor, and Longleat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 credit card authorisation required, it is refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure.
- Arrival time : 5.30 pm
- Departure time : Before 9.30 am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Heating costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price. The Grange has BT Business Broadband for our guests sole use, which is also boosted around the house so that WiFi signal reaches all rooms - plenty for streaming Netflix, joining video calls, etc.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay
- Changeover day : Friday
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : The lead booker must be 30 years old +
- Other 2 : Following confirmation of your booking the owner reserves the right to request a full list of the names and ages of every member of the group staying at the house prior to arrival.