Mas Des Collines at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
In a private domain of 13 hectares, opening up to the rolling hills of the timeless Luberon region, Mas de Collines is a beautifully restored farmhouse full of Provençal charm. Here you are surrounded by peace and tranquillity, yet there are many world-famous villages nearby; this is the real and archetypal Provence that is loved by so many.
The views from the two stone terraces on either side of the house are simply breathtaking, whether you are relaxing with your coffee in the early morning sun or sipping good local wine with family and friends as the sun sets. Here it is all about enjoying the vast land which opens up to woods and fields, so bring your hiking boots or hire a mountain bike to be able to explore the richness of this beautiful countryside. The inviting swimming pool is the perfect place to cool down and as the evening approaches you can head for a sundowner to the charming <i>apéro</i> bar...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The stunning landscape and villages of the Luberon region retain their timeless appeal. The local lavender, cherries, olives, truffles and wines are world-famous for good reason. Nowadays you can also enjoy paintballing or microlight-flying in the area, as well as a gourmet chocolate factory tour or a visit to a lavender distillery in nearby Apt (5km). This region is also one of the best places in France to observe the night-sky, and visitors are welcome at the Saint Michel l'Observatoire, just 30km from the villa. The villa is located in a private domain of 13 hectares in a hamlet just over 2km / 5 minutes drive from the charming hilltop village of Saignon, where you will find a <i>boulangerie</i>, some shops, an art gallery and café. You can wander around the narrow streets of the pretty village, discovering ancient fountains, lovely squares and beautiful old houses as well as the 12th century church. Keen walkers can climb up to the top of Saignon Do, the rock that dominates the valley, for amazing views of the Luberon region. The larger town of Apt (5km) has an incredible Provençal market on a Saturday morning, one of the most famous in the region and well known. It’s a typical Provençal town which is very proud of its local products, especially its candied fruits and at the market you should try some of the delicious local goats cheese. The old town has a lot of charm and character and the surrounding hills are typical of beautiful Provence. Here you are also within close driving distance of the archetypal Provencal villages of Bonnieux (20km), Lacoste (20km), Menerbes (27km), Roussillon (17km) and Van Gogh’s beloved Gordes (25km), one of France’s Plus Beau Villages. Famous Avignon, the capital of Provence (60km), and Aix-en-Provence, (62km) one of France's most beautiful university towns, are just over an hour away. Within the Luberon National Park the charming villages and beautiful scenery offer an ideal setting for hiking, cycling, and even kayaking along the Sorgue. Many of the idyllic hilltop villages have maintained their original features with castles, caves and historical artefacts to discover, including one of the most spectacular at La Tour d’Aigues (42km) which still has its dungeons. There are climbing opportunities near Buoux (10km), a tiny village with a castle not to be missed and now a mecca for rock-climbing. The wine routes nearby are incredible whilst other more family friendly activities include horse-riding and tree-top activity centres nearby plus a zoo and model railway both within an hours drive.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 paid on arrival and refunded at the end of your stay, subject to full damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, except from November to end of April when fees are payable. Please enquire. Logs for the fire are provided free of charge.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, excluding pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : One well behaved dog may be permitted, subject to prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Other Ts and Cs : The swimming pool is open 1st May to 15th October.
- Minimum stay : 1 week.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean for bookings of 2 weeks also included
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special celebrations are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before their arrival.
- Tax : A tourist tax is payable in cash on arrival. Please enquire.