Charming Countryside Home with Pool, Alfresco Dining & Gardens
The landscapes of Umbria surround you at Casale Terra Bianca with its vast estate of olive groves and woodland. Indeed, this pretty stone casa encapsulates the essence of Umbria, not just because of its beautiful setting but also its charm and authenticity, not far from idyllic hilltop villages and the glorious Lake Trasimeno.
Clad in magical spring wisteria, this picture-book Umbrian house is a joy to the eye with climbing roses, fruit trees and an abundance of summer colour in the pretty enclosed garden. The sunny swimming pool is perfect for cooling off on lingering afternoons whilst al-fresco meals can be enjoyed by the wood-burning oven that dates back to the mid-19th century when the house was originally constructed.
Casale Terra Bianca has been in the same family for a number of years. The devoted owners have sensitively restored the interiors whilst retaining its true character with terracotta floors,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Nestled in Umbria, close to the border with Tuscany, Casale Terra Bianca enjoys an enchanting setting surrounded by a vast estate of olive trees (producing an excellent olive oil) and woodland with marked trails for wonderful walks. Despite this remote location, the nearest village is just 5km away where you will find a bakery, café and a restaurant as well as practical amenities such as a petrol station and cash machine. There is a large supermarket just a little further, around 8km away. The hilltop village of Città della Pieve (12km) is an especially beautiful place to visit with its palazzi, churches, historic architecture and theatre, not to mention characterful cafes and restaurants. If you are staying in late June then look out for the Infiorata festival when locals fill the lanes with flower petals whilst in August the village hosts the Palio dei Terzieri with all sorts of Renaissance inspired festivities. Lake Trasimeno (15km) is also a short drive away, ideal for walking, watersports (such as canoeing, kayaking and sailing) or just exploring some of the picturesque lakeside villages. The incredible Castiglione del Lago (18km) with its hilltop castle and Etruscan tombs is a must-see and it’s also a good place to pick up a summer ferry to one of the lake’s islands. La Valle Nature Reserve, around half an hour away, offers guided tours in the summer months, perfect for bird-watchers and nature lovers. Cross over the border into Tuscany and explore some of the magical hilltop towns in the southern part of this region. Montepulciano (34km) is a tremendous place, not just because of it’s world famous Vino Nobile and wine-tasting opportunities, but also due to its historic beauty. Perhaps combine with a visit to Pienza (47km) to try some of the village’s pecorino cheese and appreciate its Renaissance architecture – Pienza is classed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Cortona (39km) is also one of southern Tuscany’s most loved towns made famous by ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’. It has a fascinating Etruscan and Roman history which you can learn about in the Museo dell'Accademia Etrusca or simply soak up the historic ambience by wandering around its medieval lanes and visiting its pretty shops and restaurants. The views of the surrounding Val di Chiana are also outstanding. Back to the beautiful region of Umbria, visit the charming city of Perugia (42km), the glorious town of Orvieto (58km) and amazing Assisi (66km). Other ways to experience the mesmerising landscapes of Umbria are by horse-riding, hiking or cycling through the undulating hills filled with olive groves, woodland and hidden hilltop villages. Some of the country’s most authentic cuisine can be sampled in local osterias such as truffles, legume, pasta, wild boar and so much more. If you are longing to visit the great Italian cities of Rome or Florence then look out for express trains departing from nearby Chiusi-Chianciano Terme (11km) and you could be in either city in under two hours.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Extra €50, payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €50 per day, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €100, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs :
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.