Charming Family Home in Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Create memories at this lovely family home just a short walk from a sandy beach, near Les Portes-en-Ré in the north-west of this alluring island. Maison Alouette is a true gem, not just because of it’s quiet setting near the pine forest backed beach, but also due to its welcoming ambience.
Step inside and appreciate the spacious interiors of the main house with its open-plan living space, light-filled dining area and traditional kitchen with everything you may need. Pretty touches create a warm and homely abode and wide windows frame the beautiful garden views. There are four bedrooms in the main house, two delightful en suite doubles and two pretty twins that share a shower room. Wander across the patio to an annexe with a second living area and small kitchen as well as two further bedrooms, each with their own shower room. This set-up makes the home ideal for a holiday with extended family or a small group of friends...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In a quiet residential area, Maison Alouette is located in the north-west of the island, just south of the village of Les Portes-en-Ré, around a forty-minute drive from the 3km-long toll bridge that connects Ile de Ré to the mainland of France. Step out of your gardens and join a path that takes you down to the beach, around 400m away. Backed by pine trees, this sandy stretch of coastline is beautiful. There’s a beachside restaurant serving good food in an informal setting looking out towards the bay (book in advance) and if you stroll a little further you will reach Le Banc du Bûcheron where you can walk out far into the bay when the tidal conditions allow you to. Most locals and tourists alike cycle around the surrounding area and island – the nearby Lilleau des Niges Nature Reserve is a great place to bike or walk, admiring the salt marshes and fascinating wildlife, or head north to pretty Les Portes-en-Ré, just 4km away. Here you will find both useful and charming shops (including a boulangerie, butchers and small supermarket), a handful of restaurants and cafes as well as a daily market in the summer where you can pick up all sorts of locally grown produce as well as the region’s famous Trousse-Chemise oysters. There’s a place to hire bikes in the village as well as volleyball and basketball courts, a watersports centre on the main beach and tennis just a little further inland. An equestrian centre can be found a short drive or bike ride away and even closer is a picturesque nine-hole golf course near the nature reserve. There is so much of the island to explore whether you are wanting to discover yet more idyllic beaches, hike through stunning natural landscapes or visit pretty markets in lovely villages and towns. Ars-en-Ré (11km) and La Flotte (30km) both host bustling markets and are classified as two of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ whilst La Couarde-sur-Mer (20km) and Bois-Plage-en-Ré (25km) are delightful villages with outstanding beaches close by. The historic town of Saint-Martin-de-Ré (27km), a UNESCO World Heritage site, is great for a day out whatever your interest with its fortresses, lively restaurants, lovely harbour and famous ice-cream parlour. If you have the time, head back over the toll-bridge to the city of La Rochelle to discover its historic beauty, charm and relaxed ambience – be sure to bring back yet more regional treats from one of the many wonderful markets.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €900 will be charged to the clients’ credit card upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests’ insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. (late arrival fees apply)
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. (early check-out fees apply)
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights except peak season when 14 nights. All other durations on request only.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request only.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1- €3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchairs and cots are available on request.