Wonderful Stylish Home close to Burgundy Vineyards
Perfectly located in the heart of the wine-village of Puligny-Montrachet, just 15-minutes from Beaune, Maison Chardonnay is a wonderful home close to some of Burgundy’s finest vineyards. Beautifully renovated by its wine-loving owners, this village house is all about historic charm alongside stylish interiors.
The bright kitchen-diner is brilliantly equipped and the open-plan living space offers both comfort and character with original parquet flooring, exposed stone walls and wood-beamed ceilings. Sliding doors lead out to a glorious terrace and barbecue, ideal for warm summer evenings creating feasts using ingredients from the many local markets.
On the top floor a superb master bedroom with air-conditioning looks out to the picturesque square below and features a gorgeous en suite bathroom with a stand-alone bath and walk-in shower. Two further bedrooms downstairs, both with en suite showers, allow plenty of space...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Chardonnay is located in the very heart of the well-known Burgundy wine village of Puligny-Montrachet, just a 15-minute drive from the centre of Beaune. You are just a few steps away from the boulangerie and within a couple of minutes you can walk to the village café, grocery store, wine bar and a small handful of excellent restaurants including the Michelin starred Le Montrachet. There are many opportunities to sample wine in Puligny-Montrachet; the village boasts four Grand Crus and is part of the well-known wine-road, Route des Grands Crus. Covering over 60km between Dijon and Santenay, other nearby villages along this prestigious wine route include Chassagne-Montrachet (3km), Meursault (5km), Volnay (8km) and Pommard (9km) as well as other vineyards covering the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune appellations. Cycling and walking are both idyllic ways to discover the surrounding landscapes of endless vines, wonderful wineries and fantastic restaurants. Heading north, following the Route des Grands Crus, you will reach the historic town of Beaune (13km), known to be the wine-capital of Burgundy. As well as some of the country’s best wineries, it is also home to the Hospices de Beaune, one of France’s most significant historical buildings. Visit the vibrant market on Wednesday or Saturday morning to pick up some wonderful regional produce from this area. The market in Chagny (5km) on a Sunday morning is likewise a delight; this charming town is also home to Maison Lameloise, a 100-year old restaurant with three Michelin stars. Just south of the town, the canal is a pleasant place for cycling and walking and there are also some great fishing spots nearby. Chagny also has its own train station which is handy when visiting Beaune and Dijon. Indeed, the mustard stores of Dijon (60km) are easily reached by train or car whilst Cluny (65km) is best known for its incredible abbey, one of the largest in Europe and a National Monument of France. History lovers may also wish to visit Autun (40km) with its Roman sites, twice-weekly market and beautiful cathedral. For a change of scene, drive an hour west to the stunning Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan for hiking, mountain biking, horse-riding and watersports on the lakes and rivers. Discover incredible woodland, undulating hills and delightful villages in this spectacular part of Burgundy.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, and mid-stay linen change included for stays of 10 days or more.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, and mid-stay clean included for stays of 10 days or more. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 4 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other events are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the master bedroom and kitchen-diner only.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair are available, on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : The owners also rent out an adjoining one-bedroom cottage, which can be rented alongside Maison Chardonnay - please contact us for prices and further details.