Captivating Elegant Suite with Private Terrace on Clifftop in the Heart of the Nambiti Game Reserve
Perched on the edge of a dramatic cliff, lies a haven of style and tranquillity, in the heart of the spectacular Nambiti Game Reserve. One of South Africa’s finest reserves, it sits on the edge of the striking Drakensberg Park, which holds UNESCO status. Suite Idyll blends elegant styling, impeccable services, quintessential Zulu warmth and hospitality along with award-winning dining.
This exclusive retreat is home to only five stylish suites, each with a decked terrace overlooking the Sunday River and the savannah. What better way to enjoy the retreat than a glass of South African wine as the sun goes down at the end of the day!
Suite Idyll’s unique extra feature is a stunning outdoor bath; imaging soaking at leisure amid the sounds and fragrances of nature! With stunning panoramas, ethnic-colonial charm, silk printed soft furnishings and crisp linen, with an abundance of natural timber, this retreat oozes...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Suite Idyll is nestled in an exclusive lodge, Esiweni, which is located in the stunning reserve of Nambiti in the heart of Zulu country, about 2.5-3 hours driving time to Johannesburg and Durban, about an hour from the stunning Drakensberg Park and 25 minutes from the local town of Ladysmith, in the KwaZulu-Natal Province. Nambiti is the only reserve in the region offers the “big five” prowling in their natural habitat, and has more than 40 other animal species including black rhinoceros and cheetahs, as well as circa 280 species of birds. The lodge offers expert rangers, 4x4 safari trips, guided by experts in their field. The Drakensberg mountain range (translating as “dragon” mountains), is more than 200 kilometres long and combines rugged peaks with green valleys with spectacular silhouettes, creating a natural border between the kingdom of Lesotho and the province of KwaZulu-Natal. Heading into the UNESCO status park, visitors can enjoy hiking, rafting, horseback riding, biking, 4 x 4, fly fishing and boating. For something a little extra special, a hot air balloon ride can be arranged - what a magnificent way to enjoy the unrivalled beauty of the region! With fine dining, a stunning infinity pool, communal areas and pampering massages, heading back to the lodge after a day out in the wild will be a pleasure, or sinking into the infinity pool followed by a sumptuous meal under the stars!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 12pm (noon). An additional charge of R1500 (£70 approx) per person will be charged if arrival at the gate before 11am or if departure from the logde after 12pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Security deposit :
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access included in the main lodge only. No phone reception.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping are not permitted.
- Tax : Included in rental price
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Children over the age of six are welcome, an extra bed can be arranged for a fee.