Villa Liberty at Sicilia
Built in 1860, Villa Liberty is a beautifully traditional five-bedroom villa just a stone’s throw from Sicily’s breath-taking coastline. Perfectly located up on the hill, the villa enjoys panoramic views over the old city of Taormina and its ancient Greco-Roman theatre, as well as the vast Ionic Sea.
The interior of the villa is set on one floor, with entrance via a large hallway, with high vaulted ceilings and terracotta tiled flooring. This majestic, traditional style is furthered throughout both the living room and dining room, where one can truly sense the 150-year history of the home. Antique furniture, including many classical items, create a full character while the textures and patterns retain the local history. Both the living and dining rooms open directly onto the magnificent terraces, where you can admire the excellent views. The kitchen is fully equipped with all modern appliances to make your stay...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Nestled at the heart of Taormina town, on the north-eastern coast of Sicily, Villa Liberty is perfectly placed to enjoy the best of both sides of the island! Within the town, you will find endless options for drinking and dining, be that seafront restaurants, casual pavement cafes or a range of high-end bars. During the day there are plenty of fantastic shops where you can enjoy little retail therapy, including many boutique and antique shops, while late at night you will find some night-clubs playing all kinds of music for you to revel in until the early hours! Just outside the town, meanwhile, is the magnificent park of Mount Etna, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with the highest volcano in Europe, and one of most active of the world, which is less than 40 minutes away. From June to September there are many cultural events across the town, including a film festival, theatre, classical and pop concerts, among others. A fabulously scenic path can access the many beautiful beaches along the coast, or you may opt to take the funicular down the steep hill, or you can even drive for maximum accessibility. There is a scuba diving school at Isola Bella beach, while just a ten-minute walk away you will find some great tennis courts available. Sicily is a diverse and beautiful island on the southern tip of Italy, famous for its exquisite wine and gastronomy (largely Mediterranean cuisine with strong hints of Arabic and Spanish influence), interesting architecture, and its picturesque rugged coastline. The island’s capital, Palermo, has a thriving nightlife and wonderful opportunities for sightseeing.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 payable cash on arrival
- Arrival time : 10.00 a.m to 6.00 p.m
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m
- Energy costs included? : Included in rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen and bath towels included in rental price (beach towels not included)
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed
- End of stay cleaning included? : Not included in rental price, €250 to pay
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Heating costs included? : Not included in rental price, €150 per week (from October Until April)
- Tax : Tourist tax included in rental price
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Minimum stay : 3 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : AC in bedrooms only
- Changeover day : Flexible.