Tranquil Escape with Stunning Clifftop Views Nestled in the heart of the Nambiti Game Reserve
Nestled in a dramatic spot in the heart of the Nambiti Game Reserve, Suite River is a tranquil hideaway offering both supreme comfort and proximity to raw nature. Blending the best of the warm Zulu hospitality, exclusive services and ethnic-colonial style, this chic retreat is a stylish setting to enjoy the great outdoors.
Perched on a dramatic hillside, in the heart of the reserve, only an hour from the Drakensberg Park, in one of South Africa’s finest reserves, the lodge is home to only five stunning suites, each overlooking the stunning Sunday River and surrounding bush and savannah.
With a boma, a shared sitting room, fire pit and infinity pool set in a sleek decking, there is ample communal space, while the delectable meals can be served under the stars. The award-winning restaurant is known for its cutting edge cuisine, blending both African and Gallic influences. The outdoor shower is a unique way to enjoy...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Suite River is set in an exclusive lodge, Esiweni, which is located in the very private reserve of Nambiti in the heart of Zulu country, about 2.5-3 hours driving time to Johannesburg and Durban, about an hour from the stunning Drakensberg Park and 25 minutes from the local town of Ladysmith. Nambiti is the only reserve in the region offers the “big five” prowling in their natural habitat, and has more than 40 other animal species including black rhinoceros and cheetahs, as well as circa 280 species of birds. As well as a day out enjoying a safari tour with an expert ranger, there are a range of other activities on offer in the region, including hiking, rafting, horseback riding, biking, 4x4 tours, fly fishing and boating. For something a little extra special, a hot air balloon ride can be arranged. With fine dining, a stunning infinity pool, communal areas and pampering massages, heading back to the lodge after a day out in the wild will be a pleasure.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 12pm (noon). An additional charge of R1500 (£70 approx) per person will be charged if arrival at the gate before 11am or if departure from the logde after 12pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access included in the main lodge only. No phone reception.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping are not permitted.
- Tax : Not included: Menu alcoholic beverages, mineral water, soft drinks, telephone calls, gratuities, curios, Nambiti Private Game Reserve charge per person per stay, Conservation Levy per day and Rhino Levy, payable on day of departure.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Children over the age of 6 are welcome, an extra bed can be arranged for a fee