Villa Arpino at Campania
Looking out over the spectacular Bay of Naples from its lush hillside setting, this fabulous modern villa creates not only a welcoming haven but a fantastic base for exploring one of the most fascinating and vibrant areas of Southern Italy. From the dramatic scenery of the Amalfi Coast to the chic island of Capri and the fascinating remains of Pompeii under Mount Vesuvius, there is so much to discover nearby.
A dramatic winding road leading up to the villa passes bustling villages, verdant gardens and glimpses of the blue sea below. As you drive through the villa gates, you are treated to a glorious Mediterranean garden in bloom with sweet smelling citrus trees, shady palms, a cooling pool and sweeping views towards the imposing volcano of Vesuvius across the sea.
A striking, white mansion against the blue sky, the villa boasts extensive terraces on each level and elegant interiors with smooth marble floors,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Half an hour by car from Naples airport, on the southern side of Mount Vesuvius from the city, Villa Arpino sits serenely on a hillside alongside other villas and houses. Local shops, a restaurant and bar are a handy short drive away, while the bustling coastal town of Sorrento is half an hour away by car. One of the many advantages of the location is the villa’s proximity to Seiano Circumvesuviana Train Station, reachable on foot from the villa. Skirting around the marginal edge of Mount Vesuvius, the Circumvesuviana train connects Naples to Sorrento so is ideal for accessing some of the area’s best sights. Jump on a train towards Naples and stop off at the fascinating archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Sorrento is the next stop along the line in the other direction, from where you can hop on a hydrofoil to the gorgeous island of Capri for the day. Sorrento itself looks over the Bay of Naples on the Sorrentine Peninsula; sitting on the clifftops that separate the town from its busy marinas, it is renowned for its sweeping views across the waters and central Piazza Tasso, the cafe-lined square. The centre of Sorrento is steeped in history; within a warren of narrow alleys the Chiesa di San Francesco is a sight to behold; the 14th-century church in rich, opulent Italian style with tranquil cloisters. Along the coast is an array of beaches to try, including a little sandy beach at Seiano itself, a short drive from the villa. The area around Sorrento is rich with culture, and the beautiful Amalfi coast offers so much. Amalfi itself is so attractive with its ochre tones, set in a fertile region known for its fresh produce, boat trips and long sandy beaches are the tones of the day. Be sure to visit Positano for picture postcard views. Seafood restaurants are aplenty, as are small, little authentic towns set within the cliffs. Pompeii requires a full day (and plenty of cooling drinks in the heat of the summer.) This ancient preserved town has been crystallised in time; the statues are a sobering and unforgettable sight. Parents of toddlers should be aware that the streets are cobbled; the cafe offers a good selection of ice lollies, however. Naples itself is buzzing, and bustling working city; the markets, the narrow streets with their outdoor washing lines and cobbled alleyways offer an authentic taste of southern Italian colour and life, along with plenty of history, beautiful churches and allegedly the best pizza Italy has to offer. Whether it be hiking, fine cuisine or historical sites, this part of Italy offers opportunity in abundance. The Lattari mountains hug the Sorrentine peninsula impressively. Jazz concerts in the open air are popular in the summer months, and the renowned Museo Correale di Terranova is a must-see for art lovers.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2 pm to 6 pm.
- Departure time : 11 am.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, changed every 3 days.
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday from mid-May to mid-September. Flexible during any other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €200, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from mid-May to mid-September. 5 nights during any other periods.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.