Attractive Traditional Country Home in Provence
This attractive traditional country residence enjoys enviable space and privacy only a ten minute walk from the centre of St-Rémy-de-Provence, one of the most picturesque towns in the region.
Enclosed grounds, lined by a variety of mature trees, surround the splendid heated pool with space to lounge under parasols next to the neat olive tree dotted lawn. There are two spacious terraces between pool and house where alfresco diners can choose sunshine or shade to accompany their meal and young people will just love the love the outside space and sports room.
Step inside to relax in sizeable and comfortably furnished rooms with cooling systems on both levels. The interior is tastefully renovated and modernised with white washed walls adjacent to ceiling beams while furnishings and art work are contemporary and stylish with some interesting character pieces.
St-Rémy is located on the plains at the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Barbeque Grill: Charcoal
This beautiful house is situated on a quiet residential road only a ten minute walk from the centre of St-Rémy-de-Provence. You will experience the charm of a typically Provençal way of life in St-Rémy where you can stroll along the boulevards, browse among the stalls of the Wednesday morning market or follow the Van Gogh trail. It’s located on the plains at the northern edge of Les Alpilles and is where Nostrodamus was born, Van Gogh painted Starry Night and many artists now live. The ancient centre has pretty squares, fountains, medieval buildings and cobbled streets as well as plenty of restaurants and shops. Hiring an electric bike is an excellent way to savour the landscapes around St-Rémy or head out on a tour to enjoy a spot of wine tasting. There is so much to do in this whole area of idyllic villages, famous towns, vineyards and stretches of vibrant summer sunflowers. Nearby Les Baux-de-Provence (11km) has charming squares and narrow streets with stunning views across the Crau plain the Camargue and the city of Arles. Mausanne-les-Alpilles (10km) is yet another delightful village and you shouldn’t miss the small hill top village of Eygalières (12km), one of the prettiest spots in Provence where a handful of resident celebrities appreciate the peace and privacy. Set on the river Rhône lies Avignon (26km), a city which was once the seat of the Catholic popes and where you can now visit the massive Palais des Papes. Arles (26km) is another historic city, renowned for its Roman remains particularly the Amphitheatre which now hosts plays and concerts. Vincent Van Gogh was inspired to create over 500 works of art during his short stay here, including the famous Café la Nuit. The nearby 900 square kilometres of La Camargue (43km) are unmissable with their wild terrain, beaches, windswept white horses and iconic pink flamingos. There are so many activities to be found here, ranging from riding, trekking and quad biking to jeep tours across this extraordinary landscape.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy must be provided to the owner minimum one month before arrival.
- Pool heating charge? : Included from mid-May to mid-September. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before the arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the rooms on the first floor only. Floor cooling is featured on the ground floor.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is heated approximately mid-May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : One double bedroom with ensuite bathroom is located in the pool annexe.