Wonderful Villa with Heated Pool in Nouvelle-Aquitaine
In the north-west corner of the island, set between the vast sandy beach and charming shops of Les Portes-en-Ré, Villa Caligo is a wonderfully appointed holiday home with its own heated swimming pool and pretty garden. This white-washed villa is a delight for care-free holidays on the alluring Ile de Ré.
Guests are sure to feel at home in the light-filled living-dining room, perfect for lazy days relaxing whilst the smart open-plan kitchen is brilliantly equipped. The sunny courtyard is the perfect spot for a quiet glass of chilled local wine followed by alfresco meals by the barbecue.
Each of the five bedrooms are bright with pleasing décor and nice furnishings alongside pretty touches to give each room a homely feel. The master bedroom downstairs leads straight out to the decked terrace whilst upstairs there’s a romantic double under the eaves of the characterful ceilings. Four modern bathrooms, some of which...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Les Portes-en-Ré is located in the north-west of the island, just over half an hour from the 3km-long toll bridge that connects the city of La Rochelle on the mainland with Ile de Ré. It’s a superb spot for relaxing holidays with family or friends who love vast sandy beaches, wonderful food, spectacular natural scenery and cycling. Villa Caligo enjoys a very convenient setting in a central residential area just a few minutes walk from the little shops and restaurants. Just wander up the road and you will be in the heart of Les Portes-en-Ré with its boulangerie, cafes, butchers and other pretty shops as well as the central square where a market takes place every morning in the height of the summer. There is also a small supermarket just a short walk away. As you explore the surrounding lanes, admire the charming houses, colourful flowers and authentic charm of this picturesque village. The coastline is also nearby, around ten minutes by foot, where you will find a magnificent sandy beach and watersports centre with sea-kayaking, wind-surfing and more. Continue walking further down the coast until you reach the equally magnificent Plage de la Loge (1.5km) and Plage de Trousse-Chemise (3km). Near the southern-end there’s a seafood restaurant with amazing views or continue towards the salt marshes and you will come across the little hut that sells the well-known Trousse Chemise oysters. The Lilleau des Niges Nature Reserve can also be visited by bike or foot – a paradise for wildlife lovers as you spot migrating birds across the salt marshes and wetland. Another superb place to cycle to is the long beach at Conche des Baleines, just beyond the pine forest. Surfers can often be found riding the waves and it’s also the home to the 19th century lighthouse, Phare des Baleines with its museum and tower. Climb to the top and be rewarded with outstanding views of the island and beyond. The lovely village of Ars-en-Ré (8km) is also a must to visit, it’s one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ with good reason – market day (twice weekly) is a particular delight. La Flotte (28km) also has a wonderful old market and pretty architecture whilst the island’s main town Saint-Martin-de-Ré is well loved for its history, charming harbour and annual jazz festival in August. Back on the mainland, the city of La Rochelle, also known as ‘La Ville Blanche’, is a great day out with its limestone architecture, bustling markets and historic sights.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €1900 will be charged to the clients’ credit card upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests’ insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. (late arrival fees apply)
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. (early check-out fees apply)
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is normally open from April to end-September (and heated from June to September). Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights except peak season when 14 nights. All other durations on request only.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request only.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1- €3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchairs and cots are available on request.