Grand 15th Century Historic Castle
Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Scottish countryside, just thirty minutes from Edinburgh is the 600 year old Lothian Castle. Built in the 15th century and steeped in history, this twelve bedroom property sleeps up to twenty-four guests, with spacious sitting rooms and dining areas, making it ideal for family time away, celebrations, corporate events and weddings.
The castle has encountered many key personalities in British history over the years including Mary Queen of Scots and Oliver Cromwell, and great care has been taken to maintain the buildings authentic historical style while adding a dash of 21st century luxury for the modern visitor.
Lothian Castle features three incredibly stunning reception rooms, including The Great Hall, which can accommodate up to 80 guests for dining, The State Room, and The Garrison. All the living spaces are rich in beautifully carved, dark wood, colourful rugs and tapestries and...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Lothian Castle holds a fantastic location, set in a tranquil spot, less than a 10-minute car journey from the village of Gorebridge. Here, visitors will find a selection of helpful amenities, including shops and restaurants, as well as Gorebridge station, where you can catch a Border Railways train into Edinburgh Waverley. The capital of Scotland, Edinburgh, is less than a thirty-minute car journey from Lothian Castle, and with its Medieval Old Town and Georgian New Town, it is bursting with excellent attractions, including, iconic Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the excellent Scotch Whisky Experience and Edinburgh Gin Distillery as well as Camera Obscura & World of Illusions and the Edinburgh Zoo, which the whole family will enjoy! For guests travelling in from afar, Edinburgh Airport is less than a 50-minute car journey away making for a short transfer time. Alternatively, helicopters can land at the castle with prior agreement. For keen golfers or those staying on a corporate break, a variety of world-class golf courses are within easy reaching distance of Lothian Castle. These include, Muirfield, which is 40-minutes away, North Berwick, 45-minutes away while most famous of all, St Andrew's, is 2-hours from the castle. Please ensure that you check which days of the week they are open to visitors, have a suitable handicap and make sure to book in advance!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 to be paid 4 weeks prior to arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on arrival
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 12pm
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay, this may be increased across peak dates
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking