Olivetani at Toscana
Offering a true getaway deep in the idyllic Tuscan countryside is characterful Olivetani. This historic villa has been lovingly restored and furnished to provide a comfortable place to call home during your stay.
Nestling peacefully on a green hillside and surrounded only by trees, there’s a sense of peace and tranquillity throughout Olivetani and the lush gardens it sits within. And yet the town of Cortona with its restaurants and historic centre is only a short drive away .
Set over three floors, Olivetani has retained much of its original character and features after undergoing a tasteful renovation. Six bedrooms can accommodate up to 11 people, with the single bedroom being ideal for a younger member of your group. The lower-ground floor bedrooms are especially luxurious and each has its own en-suite bathroom. Whoever gets these bedrooms is also closest to the great gym and spa facilities found on this floor of...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Olivetani enjoys an incredibly secluded setting, surrounded by olive trees and rolling countryside. The hilltop town of Cortona is just over a 15-minute drive away. Here you'll find restaurants serving traditional Italian cuisine, a range of shops, bars, cafes and supermarkets. It's also a town rich in history, with a old centre and lovely Renaissance buildings, such as the Palazzo del Popolo. Browse the town's charming shops for handmade items and famous vino nobile red wine from the vineyards surrounding Montepulciano. Cortona's ancient highlights include the Etruscan Academy Museum and Archaeological Park with its 11 ancient sites. Marvel at the remains of Etruscan tombs, city fortifications and Roman roads. Also tick the Renaissance-era cathedral and Diocesan Museum off your sightseeing list. The city of Umbertide on the Tiber River is just under an hour's drive from the villa. Its historic streets are dotted with piazzas lined with cafes and restaurants. Attractions here include La Rocca, a medieval fortress that offers amazing views, and 16th-century Santa Maria della Reggia church. Another city full of history, culture and beauty is Perugia. Marvel at the numerous medieval and Renaissance structures, like the marble fountain Fontana Maggiore, which is carved with biblical scenes and zodiac signs. Also impressive buildings are the Gothic cathedral and Priori Palace. Perugia is famous for chocolate, with its well-known factory around 15 minutes from the city. Take a tour and get to sample some delicious chocolate! Art lovers won't want to miss out on a trip to Città di Castello. The Church of San Domenico is home to stunning 15th-century frescoes by famous Italian Renaissance painters, with paintings by Raphael and Lorenzetti found at the Municipal Art Gallery (Pinacoteca). The gallery is housed within the beautiful Palazzo Vitelli alla Cannoniera. The city of Siena is just over an hour's drive away and is brimming with culture. Visit the 13th-century Duomo and the frescos in the town hall, which also offers incredible views from the terrace. Slightly further away is the stunning city of Florence, with its pretty squares and famous sites such as the Ponte Vecchio bridge, the impressive Duomo and Ufizi Gallery.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : Between 3.30 p.m. and 6.30 p.m. If arriving after 6.30 p.m. an extra charge of €40 will apply.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €300, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 250kWh then subject to an additional charge based on consumption and payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately beginning-May to end-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost, payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager
- Other Ts and Cs : Baby cots and high chairs are available on request for an extra charge of €50. Pre-booking is required.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.