Sophisticated Idyllic Clifftop Suite Retreat in the Nambiti Game Reserve,
Nestled on a dramatic cliff-side in an exclusive eco-lodge in the Nambiti Game Reserve, Suite Canyon is an impeccably styled retreat, with a dash of safari-style glamour.
Ethnic artefacts, safari prints and authentic local flavour, natural raw materials and an at-oneness with the local surroundings give this chic retreat its gracious feel. Guests can enjoy the warmth of Zulu hospitality, in the heart of a spectacular reserve.
Sophisticated, yet earthy - this idyll gets it right. Think stone hearths with a colonial safari vibe, refined with crisp linens and sleek finishes. Gallic elegance meets African panache with much-regaled dining - eating here is a sensory journey.
This stylish haven offers both privacy - it is ideal as a romantic getaway for a couple, as well as convivial spaces, including the “boma”, the bar, the beautiful terrace, the patio and the infinity pool. Overlooking the Sunday River,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Nestled in the heart of the Nambiti Reserve, between Johannesburg and Durban, in the heart of Zulu land, Esiweni offers unparalleled access to nature and wildlife. Twenty-five minutes from Ladysmith, in the northwest of the KwaZulu-Natal province, Nambiti is the region’s only reserve which, in addition to the “big five” has more than 40 other animal species including black rhinoceros and cheetahs, and on top of this there are some 280 species of birds. Ladysmith itself has a lot of historical interest, with a Siege Museum and battlefield memorials to visit. The reserve is only one hour from Drakensberg Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, which offers a host of outdoor activities, including hiking, rafting, horseback riding, biking, 4 x 4, fly fishing and boating; outdoors enthusiasts will be in heaven. One of Africa’s most exclusive private reserves, Esiweni Lodge is a mystical setting offering an extraordinary up-close encounter with the animals of the savannah, including lions, leopards, elephants, giraffes and zebras prowling their natural habitat. At the end of a busy day out in reserve, guests can enjoy the pampering of a private massage followed by dinner under the stars. Guests can even extend their stay with a trip to Durban, Cape Town or Mozambique.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 12pm (noon). An additional charge of R1500 (£70 approx) per person will be charged if arrival at the gate before 11am or if departure from the logde after 12pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access included in the main lodge only. No phone reception.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping are not permitted.
- Tax : Not included: Menu alcoholic beverages, mineral water, soft drinks, telephone calls, gratuities, curios, Nambiti Private Game Reserve charge per person per stay, Conservation Levy per day and Rhino Levy, payable on day of departure.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Children over the age of six are welcome, an extra bed can be arranged for a fee.