Borgo di Meana at Umbria
Borgo Di Meana is a tranquil getaway within the Umbrian countryside, with stunning 360° views of the green rolling hills. As it can sleep up to 33 guests within 14 bedrooms, this villa is perfect for families or groups of friends travelling together. It is made up of a beautiful main house with stone exteriors and three farmhouse-style guesthouses, all within spacious outdoor grounds.
The villa is also well suited to hosting artistic, sports and holistic-style retreats, as there is a wellness centre on site and lots of outdoor space. Outside, there is a shimmering aquamarine pool with sun loungers dotted around it, as well as a heated indoor pool with hydromassage and a Turkish bath.
The villa and guest houses have been recently restored and tastefully decorated to create a cosy atmosphere. Inside the charming living room there are plush sofas to curl up on by the traditional fireplace. There is a games room with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In a quiet and secluded part of Umbria, there's so much to see and do around this glorious region. There are many activities to keep you busy without even leaving the grounds, such as spa therapies. The villa staff can organise an exciting range of experiences to help you make the most of the area. You'll find a cluster of restaurants and bars in a local village, around a 15-minute drive away. Foodies will adore the Umbria area as there are so many food and wine-based activities on offer. The villa can organise olive oil tasting and truffle hunting excursions, as well as trips along the Sagrantino Wine Road. This road has countless family-owned wineries nestled within medieval houses. Guests can sample fine wines like Torgiano Rosso red and Grechetto white wine. The cooking classes on offer draw from the best of fresh, local ingredients such as lake fish and delicious truffles. Lake Trasimeno, just an hour away, is a dreamy place to visit - a splash of dazzling blue within the green landscape. Within the lake there are tiny islands including Isola Maggiore and Isola Polvese. Ringed with medieval villages and tiny towns, Lake Trasimeno also has lots of walking and biking trails. The backdrop of the lake includes sunflowers, olive groves and cornfields. Perfect for a day trip, central Italy's largest lake - and the fourth largest in the country - has an enchanting atmosphere. In terms of history and culture, there are many Etruscan settlements, especially around Castiglione del Lago. One of the medieval villages around the lake, this picturesque spot has ruins of ancient tombs and a castle called Rocco del Leone. Other beauty spots around Umbria include Cascate delle Marmore, which is the largest man-made waterfall in the world - it was created by the Romans over 2000 years ago. There are three sections to the spectacular falls and lots of watersports that the whole family can try including rafting, canoeing and canyoning. The falls are located within a lovely park around an hour away by car. Visit some of Umbria’s most idyllic villages such as nearby Todi with its glorious historic architecture, charming Orvieto and beautiful Assisi and Spoleto, both around an hour away. Umbria is also known for ceramics, with many pottery studios dotted around the area. Pick up some artisan ceramic pieces as a souvenir. Additionally, there are some famous producers of cashmere in this part of Italy, so fashionistas will want to explore local boutiques for a cosy winter sweater.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner as a pre-authorisation one month upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, except air-conditioning which is an extra €550 per week (18 guests), €700 per week (22 guests) or €850 per week (33 guests), payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €550 per week (18 guests), €700 per week (22 guests) or €850 per week (33 guests), payable locally.
- Changeover day : Saturday from end-June to mid-September. Flexible, on request, at other times for stays of less than one week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes plus maid-service included (4hrs/6 days per week). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from end-June to mid-September. 3 nights during all other periods.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately mid-May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : Extra €700 per week for indoor pool heating and extra €180 per week for Turkish bath heating (or €800 per week for both), payable locally. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air conditioning cost included in heating costs.
- Other Ts and Cs : Children are permitted in the spa if accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in some rooms only – please check the ‘Features’ tab for full details.
- Other Ts and Cs : The 18-person price includes the main villa and Guest House 1 only, the 22-person price includes the main villa and Guest Houses 1 and 2 whilst the 33-person price includes the main villa and all three guesthouses.
- Other Ts and Cs : For bookings of 22 or 33 guests, some guests will be accommodated on sofa beds - please check the ‘Features’ tab for full details.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Security deposit :