Beautiful 18th Century Bastide with 2.5 Acres in Provence
With dreamy views of Cypress trees, olive groves and the distant hills of the Massif des Maures, this beautifully renovated stone bastide offers an archetypal Provence experience in every way. Yet as well as medieval villages, glorious wine châteaux and incredible scenery, you are also just half an hour from the wonderful beaches of the Côte d’Azur.
This 18th century south-facing home enjoys an idyllic setting in 2.5 acres of Provençal gardens with pretty steps leading to stone terraces filled with lavender, rosemary and thyme. Enjoy breakfast under the wisteria and grape vines, laze in hammocks between the olive trees and embrace the scent of jasmine as you gaze over the heated swimming pool and glorious vistas beyond. The enchanting loggia offers ample space for all 12 guests to dine together by the barbecue, enjoying excellent local wines as the sun sets to the background hum of the cicadas. The outdoor space at Bastide...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Barbeque Grill: Charcoal
In an elevated, south-facing position with idyllic views of the Massif des Maures, Bastide du Figuier enjoys a privileged location just 4km from the typical Provençal town of Draguignan in the Var department of southern France, only half an hour from the glistening Côte d’Azur. This is an area filled with perched medieval villages, outstanding natural beauty, rolling hills of olive groves, renowned vineyards and wine châteaux (Domaines Ott and Château de Berne amongst many others) as well as historic sites (Abbaye du Thoronet is just 22km away). The diversity of the landscapes means there’s a wealth of outdoor activities available including horse-riding, hiking, cycling, rock-climbing, golf and watersports both on the French Riviera and Verdon Gorge. The nearby town of Draguignan (4km) is a great place to start your discovery of this authentic region. Visit on a Wednesday or Saturday morning when Place du Marché comes alive with many stalls selling all sorts of fresh produce and local delights such as olive oil and honey as well as seasonal fruit, vegetables, meat and cheeses. The town also has interesting art galleries and museums to visit as well as a great variety of shops and restaurants. There are two especially picturesque medieval villages to explore nearby; Flayosc (7km) and Lorgues (10km), both surrounded by beautiful landscapes so typical of Provence and feature charming restaurants and good bars. Flayosc still has a couple of mills producing excellent olive oil as well as being known for its honey whilst Lorgues hosts one of the largest markets in the region every Tuesday morning. Both villages are delightful places to sit back in an atmospheric café with a coffee or glass of local wine, soaking up the Provençal ambience around you. Other worthy villages to explore include Seillans (33km) and Bargème (45km), both classified as two of France’s ‘<i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>’, historic Entrecasteaux (24km) with its 16th century château and La Garde-Freinet (32km) in the heart of the Massif des Maures. The pretty village of Aups (28km) is one of the gateways to the incredible Parc Naturel Régional du Verdon, a region known for its world-famous Verdon Gorges, parts of which can be reached in under an hour. Admire its awe-inspiring beauty and take part in a wealth of outdoor activities from white-water rafting and paragliding to horse-riding and canoeing. The beaches of the French Riviera and bay of Saint-Tropez can be reached in just half an hour with Sainte-Maxime only 35km away with its family-friendly sandy beaches and relaxed vibe. South of the bay, Saint-Tropez (50km) is also a wonderful day out whether experiencing the glamour and charm of the former fishing village or spending time on the renowned Pampelonne beach with its glitzy beach clubs and magnificent watersports. Nice Airport is just under an hour away or if arriving by train, a TGV service from Paris arrives at Gare Des Arcs just 11km away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £2200 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : No, extra €150 payable locally, though a mid-stay clean included for stays of more than one week. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance, loss of beach towels and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit
- Linen & towels included? : Yes and mid-stay linen change included for stays of more than one week.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, pool and beach towels are included.
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to mid-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €30 Euros per pet per day will apply (paid locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations/events are not permitted.