Beautiful Cosy Seaside Home Overlooking the Sea in Suffolk
Welcome to your seaside home on Suffolk Heritage Coast. Sitting snug in Thorpeness, this fabulous home is perfect offering traditional seaside holiday magic. This charming country house has an air of privacy, yet only metres away from the local gastropub and within easy reach of Thorpeness village.
The attractive interiors feature well-proportioned rooms throughout, with homely furnishings and toasty fireplaces. Large windows and french doors allow for a stunning panoramic view of the sea. The ground floor has a flexible and appealing layout with the ability to open the reception rooms into another or close them off if required, creating ample space for larger groups or celebratory occasions. The stylish reception rooms are filled with cream carpets, comfortable seating and a large flat screen TV. The reception rooms, kitchen, dining room and garden room are all located at the back of the house, opening directly onto the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The village of Thorpeness nowadays is epitomised by its stunning East Anglian coastal scenery and striking architecture, which has made it an alluring holidaymaker’s haven. Thorpeness House’s grounds extend almost from the Village Green to the shingle beach, where this ornate Holiday Home overlooks the North Sea. From the privacy of the Estate’s gardens’; revel in the astonishing views of the Heaths and the prominent House in the Clouds, which is a famous local landmark. A half an hour walk south, along the coastline, will bring visitors to the neighbouring village of Aldeburgh. For those seeking a more scenic adventure, Cragg Path is a perfect opportunity to indulge in the RSPB North Warren Reserve. It comes as no surprise that this region is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)! In the early 1900’s, this once quiet Hamlet underwent some dramatic development that saw its status elevated to a desirable holiday destination. Today, many of the mock Tudor houses are used for housing and local businesses, giving this enchanting village a sense of antiquated marvel. At Thorpeness’s nucleus, a magical man-made Meare can be discovered, which is themed on the creator’s interpretation of Peter Pan’s Neverland. Today, Regattas and Firework Displays are held in this dreamy spot. The popular village of Aldeburgh is walkable in less than 30 minutes, so the Oliver’s Team highly recommend recurring stopovers. Full of pleasant independent eateries, Art Galleries and Arts & Crafts shops - you’ll feel as if you have uncovered an unblemished traditional English Hamlet. Benjamin Britten was so enchanted with Aldeburgh, he chose it as his home till his death in 1976. His legacy - The Aldeburgh Festival - takes place every year during June and is considered a must for lovers of the arts. There’s lots to do so visit the Aldeburgh Moot Hall Museum, or maybe try your hand at sailing a miniature in the Boating Pond. You might even be lucky enough to catch the local Lifeboat Station during a practice session in the North Sea. After ambling along the sun-drenched coastline, recompose yourself in one of the many idiosyncratic taverns for a quick refreshment. If you’re feeling peckish, what better meal to have than freshly caught fish with a generous side of chips. You’ll have decide which of the two renowned Chippies is best though; The Aldeburgh Fish & Chip Shop or Golden Galleon…this may require repeat visits! Aside from the absorbing landscape, this region has become incredibly popular amongst devotees of the Art’s. Thousands flock here every year to celebrate the likes of the Aldeburgh Carnival, Thorpfest & Latitude Festival, or simply just to visit Snape Maltings. Others visit to be absorbed by the history and beauty epitomised by Dunwich Heath, Sutton Hoo – Woodbridge and Orford Ness National Nature Reserve. With the nearest train station situated in Saxmundham, it’s easy to jump on a direct train to Lowestoft or Ipswich to do some further exploring.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000 charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, bed linen and bath towels are included in the rental price. Please bring your own towels for the Hot Tub and beach
- Changeover day : Friday
- Minimum stay : 3 nights
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : On request prior to booking ONLY with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of £50 will apply. Please state the breed of dog at the time of booking. Strictly only 1 dog allowed at the property.
- Security deposit : £500 (£1500 for stag and hen do's) charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that direct beach access from the garden is not possible due to its steep nature, however, access is possible just a few minutes walk along the road
- Other 2 : Please note that the garden summer house is used for storage and is not accessible