Les Rubis at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Just a short drive from the market town of Rouffignac, north of the Dordogne, is the brilliant holiday home Les Rubis, sleeping up to 18 guests in a unique house with two separate comfortable gites. With a dining room especially created for entertaining guests, this is the perfect house for a friends and family get together in this well loved region of France.
The owners have restored this quirky home with a strong nod to its historical past with wood beamed ceilings, exposed stone walls and some antique furnishings, there are even century-old hedges which have been sculptured into hedges to sit on. The contemporary features contrast the character of the house perfectly with modern, new bathrooms, a home cinema room and a fantastic party space with a pizza oven and beer tap. The main house can sleep up to ten guests across five decent bedrooms whilst there are two separate <i>gîtes</i>, each with two bedrooms,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The Dordogne is known as the valley of 1000 chateaux with endless pretty medieval villages, fine wines, truffles, local markets and spectacular valleys and rivers. The Dordogne river offers great kayaking, canoeing and unparalleled views of the countryside. Les Rubis is at the end of a tree lined lane in a tiny hamlet just a 3km drive from the village of Rouffignac where you will find a bakery, shops, supermarket and a weekly market on a Sunday. You are surrounded by valleys, hills and woodland making it a lovely area for hiking plus there are mountain bike circuits to follow. Be sure to visit La Grotte de Rouffignac with 150 prehistoric cave paintings of mammoths. The Dordogne region hosts a wealth of beautiful villages and towns, many of them classed as France's <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i> such as pretty Saint-Amand-de-Coly, with the famous Lascaux caves nearby. To the north-west you have the sophisticated small city of Périgueux, famous for its amazing black truffles and to the south-east should visit Sarlat (32km) with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac to the south-west with its medieval architecture as well as the unmissable <i>Maisons de Vins</i>. Other magical day trips include beautiful Limeuil, where the Vézère river meets the Dordogne and you can paddle by the river beach or enjoy some fine views from Parc Limeuil after wandering through the delightful village. In addition, head to La Roque Gageac, Château de Beynac or Castelnaud-la-Chapelle for a remarkable day out in the Dordogne. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding, to tennis, mountain-biking, golf and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Kids will love the waterparks, visiting the Aquarium du Perigord Noir in Le Bugue, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy go-karting just south of Périgueux or tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €850 charged to the client's credit card prior to arrival.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Included in low season. From end of May to end of September, heating is on request and at a supplement.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Thursday included for stays of two weeks or more. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Friday. Other days may be possible on request in mid-season (end of May-mid July & September, approximately) for bookings of 7+ nights only.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Linen & towels included? : Extra €150, payable locally.
- Tax : Tourist tax of €0.80 pp/pn, paid locally.
- Pool heating charge? : Included. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Security deposit : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chairs and cots are available for hire at a cost of €25 for each item per week (limited availability, to be pre-booked).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : The cottages are only included in the price for 18 guests.
- Other Ts and Cs : A/C is only available in the summer room, downstairs bedroom and dining room.