Casina Jerome at Sicilia
Casina Jerome is set on a residential complex close to the ancient port city of Catania on Sicily’s east coast. As the name would suggest, the rooms of this villa showcase a range of art and styles, making it a unique place to stay. The outside space is as pretty as a picture too, with laidback areas for taking in idyllic views over the sea and surrounding hillsides.
The living room features floor-to-ceiling windows that flood the space with light and provide views of both the garden and the sea. Sliding doors also give you direct access to the main terrace for enjoying al fresco meals after pre-dinner drinks on the sofa. If you prefer cosy, indoor mealtimes, there’s also a dining table that shares the living space. Another convenient feature is the small work area with views over the pool. The well-equipped kitchen offers further dining options with a classic wood table inside and direct access to a terrace with outdoor...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Shops, bars, restaurants and bakeries are all within easy walking distance from Casina Jerome, meaning it couldn’t be easier to stock up on essentials or treat yourself. The port city of Catania is around a 20-minute drive from the villa, so it’s great for a day out with the family. It’s the second-largest city in Sicily and it’s also one of the most popular to visit, with its centuries of history and culture to explore. The baroque old town is simply beautiful, as its main square, Piazza Duomo. In and around this square is where you’ll find some of the most interesting places to visit, including Catania Cathedral, the 18th-century Municipio (town hall) and the Diocesan Museum. Catania is famous for its fish market, so that’s another experience to tick off your list! Take in a performance at Teatro Massimo Bellini opera house before enjoying Catania’s classic dish of Pasta alla Norma at one of the city’s many restaurants. A town of ancient history and sweeping coastal landscapes, fascinating Taormina (50 km) sits on a hilltop overlooking the Ionian Sea. Its most well-known building is probably the ancient Greco-Roman theatre, Teatro Antico di Taormina. It also offers spectacular, panoramic views of Mount Etna. You can ski one of the most active volcanoes in the world, Mount Etna (26 km), if you happen to visit in winter. Guided tours of the Parco dell’Etna are popular during warmer months, with the chance to hike, take a cable car and explore by 4x4 vehicle. Landscapes are beautiful and varied, with snow-capped mountains, lush vineyards and plenty more in between. There are many options for enjoying a day out at the beach. Catania boasts a long, sandy stretch called La Playa, where you’re sure to find the perfect place to lay your towel down. The many lidos provide great beach services to keep everyone happy, such as playgrounds for children and lounger rental.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Building Elevator
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 8.00 p.m. Late arrivals, if agreed, will be charged €30 (paid locally).
- Departure time : 9.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Energy costs included? : Electricity, heating and air-conditioning is included up to 20kWh per day. Extra consumption fee of €0.30 per kWh (paid locally).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Water included up to 1m³. Extra consumption fee of €10 per m³ (paid locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchair and cot available on request. Extra €7 per cot, per night (payable locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Quiet and non-intrusive owners live on-site, they will be very happy to help.