Casa Tacciano at Sicilia
Distinctive, sophisticated single-storey villa in the heart of Sicily offers a beautiful rural retreat in the heart of the tranquil countryside.
While Casa Tacciano retains many its original features as a traditional farmhouse, full air-conditioning, underfloor heating and divine contemporary design blend perfectly with the rustic undertones to create a deluxe, historical villa with all the upgrades, we love in modern life.
The rustic exterior stone walls complement the glass-paneled, modern sections and both sit beautifully within the rolling hills of the leafy countryside. By night, perfect spotlighting creates a charming, soft effect on the walls and around the pool.
Entry to the villa is via a quaint stone path to the main terrace.
Entering into the long hallway immediately sets the tone for the fabulous villa that lies ahead. The long wooden table, dresser and bench stand out beautifully against the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Within walking distance are the local shops and restaurants, plus being just a short drive from the UNESCO World Heritage site of Modica, you are a stone’s throw from everything you could need (or want!) throughout your stay: entertainment, top-quality food and all sorts of outdoor pursuits. Set amid the thriving, tranquil countryside surrounding Modica, Casa Tacciano is a historical villa at the heart of the Sicily. Enveloped in vineyards and rolling hills, this particular part of Sicily is ideal for anyone looking for a rural retreat with great proximity to local amenities and activities, with so many towns and interesting sites nearby. Sicily is famous for not only for its exquisite wine and gastronomy, but also for its interesting architecture, thanks to a 1693 earthquake that flattened large parts of it and led to a creative rebuild, producing something that looks more like a film set than a functioning town. The baroque towns of the Noto Valley, including Ispica, Ragua and Noto, and the picturesque beaches of Fontane Bianche and Spiaggia della Marchesa are just a short drive away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m. Late arrivals from 9.00 p.m. - 12.00 a.m. are subject to a €50 fee, payable locally.
- Departure time : 10.00 am. Early departures before 8.00 a.m. are subject to a €50 fee, payable locally.
- Energy costs included? : Up to 300kwh per week included in the rental price (extra charge of €0.40/kwh applies for excess use).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately beginning of March to end-November. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).