Villa Mateus at Comunidad Valenciana
Occupying a peaceful position in a quiet neighbourhood close to the coast and the towns of Benissa and Calpe, Villa Mateus is a comfortable and spacious holiday home.
With its mix of white walls, tile floors and wood furnishings throughout, this villa is a cool place to come back to after a long day spent exploring the local area. Villa Mateus boasts an attractive mix of the rustic and the contemporary, with its outside space being just as charming.
The expansive open plan living/dining/kitchen space gives the villa an excellent flow. Get together as a family in the lounge area on chilly evenings and appreciate the warmth of the fireplace as you watch a film. It’s also the perfect place to sit and soak up the sunshine that floods through the many windows.
Walk through to the dining area with a table that seats up to twelve people and which is conveniently located next to the kitchen for serving dinner...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Stretches of the coast are within a 5-minute walk of Villa Mateus, with Cala Llobella being a particularly attractive cove to visit. It’s made up of pebbles and gravel, so while it’s not a place for lying back and relaxing, it’s great for spending some quiet time with the children and taking in the naturally beautiful surroundings. You can also hire paddle boards and kayaks to enjoy the waters here, with the rocky nature of the shore making it unsuitable for children to go swimming. A sandy beach can be found at Playa de la Fustera, which you can reach in about 10 minutes on foot. Or you can jump in the car with a picnic and be enjoying a day out by the sea in no time at all. The sands here are soft and golden, and the turquoise water is incredibly bright, making it ideal for snorkelling. The sea is also very calm, so everyone can enjoy swimming safely too. There’s a great restaurant on the beach where you can stop for lunch and sample some local fish or seafood. The town of Calpe is around a 15-minute drive away from the villa and has a fascinating hilltop old town area to explore. Cobbled streets are lined with charming shops, and there are several churches and museums to stroll around, including the parish church of Nuestra Señora de las Nieves and the Archaeological Museum. Benissa is another charming and historic seaside town that’s full of impressive buildings and sites. It’s also around 15 minutes away by car. It’s one of Costa Blanca’s oldest villages and like Calpe, has an atmospheric historical quarter. There you will find a town hall which used to be a hospital in the 18th century and a beautiful neo-Gothic parish church.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €600 charged to client’s credit card by the owner before/upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 - 7 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €159 per booking, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included in rental price.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Changeover day : Saturday during high season
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €50 per pet per booking will apply (paid locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted.
- Property manager levy? : Local charge: €20 per day obligatory, for house management. It will be collected on arrival
- Tax : Tourist Tax included in the rental price.
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in posession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : A highchair and baby travel cot can be available upon request for an additional charge of €5 per item, per night.