Villa U Tramontu at Corse
At the end of a beautiful peninsular, with its Genovese tower keeping watch, Villa U Tramontu is a wonderful family home with spectacular sea and mountain views on the glorious west coast of Corsica.
Just under an hour south of Ajaccio, once you have arrived it will be hard to leave. This is the owner’s home away from home; their oasis to escape to with family and friends to mingle, relax and spend quality time together. There are five spacious bedrooms, each with their own en-suite bathrooms and some with glorious sea-views as you step out to the lower terrace, plus a small single room if needed. The living space on the upper floor enjoys spectacular vistas of the sea and gardens, and leads straight out onto a spacious terrace; a wonderful spot for morning coffee or an evening with family or friends under the starry sky.
Yet it’s the gardens, terraces and heated swimming pool that will overwhelm you with their...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Corsica is known as the ‘‘Île de Beauté’ with good reason, with hundreds of white sandy beaches and coves, cascading streams and waterfalls, fresh water pools and beautiful villages in the spectacular mountains. Villa U Tramontu is located in the bay of Ajaccio, one of the most attractive parts of the Corsican coastline. Just 45 minutes south of Ajaccio Airport (32km), on the Cap de La Castagne, this villa enjoys extraordinary sea-views and magical sunsets. The villa is in a privately accessed residential area with other attractive villas dotted around, each one with their own privacy facing the sea and mountains. The area is quiet, yet there is plenty to do nearby if you wish to get out and explore. On a clear day you can see some of Corsica’s highest peaks, including Monte Cinto, the highest mountain in Corsica. You can walk about 300m down to some rocks which you can swim from or the lovely Portigliolo beach (3.5km) is just five minutes by car, with a great year round watersports instructor plus equipment and boat hire. The idyllic Mare e Sole beach (9km), perfectly sheltered from the wind, is ideal for paddling and swimming in the clear blue waters. All along this scenic coastline you will find wonderful white sandy beaches, some only accessible by boat or foot. This region is very popular with hikers, there are some wonderful walks to suit all abilities. Dine at Chez Mico (3km) with its lovely garden and tennis courts, a particularly nice place for families with its relaxed atmosphere or head up the coast to the famous La Bergerie (12km) for refined cooking in a sublime setting. There are also stunning fish restaurants right on the beach in this area, again often only accessible by foot, boat or 4x4 where you are rewarded by amazing fresh food in idyllic settings. There is a mini-market within a few minutes by car or you can head up to the seaside resort of Porticcio (18km) for a greater choice of shops and larger supermarkets. Head north to visit the island’s capital, Ajaccio (36km) in just over an hour and visit the city’s art galleries, markets, fantastic restaurants and hang out in the wide-open squares facing the sea. This is of course the birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte and you can visit his childhood home. If you are feeling really adventurous you can take the charming train from Ajaccio to Corte for the day, passing incredible scenery as it winds through the forests and mountains, a spectacular and relaxing way to see the interior of this amazing island. Alternatively, following the winding roads south to discover some beautiful villages such as Olmeto (42km) with its timeless charm and mountain scenery or Sartène (55km), a picturesque and unspoilt town steeped in tradition with a fascinating history, wonderful wines and more spectacular valley views.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : USD$3000 paid to the owner via bank transfer minimum one month before the arrival.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday or Sunday.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note the max. capacity is 13 guests (9 adults + 4 kids/teens or 11 adults).
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open and heated from mid April to end of October.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before their arrival.