Maison Grandiose at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
With lovely views of the surrounding countryside, Maison Grandiose is a very special home in a beautifully secluded spot. Yet you are only minutes by car from the idyllic village of Limeuil, where the Vézère and Dordogne rivers meet and the charming market town of Le Bugue.
Drive down the long lane and you are greeted with a grand stone entrance, leading to the courtyard and picturesque stone house. Step inside to superb living space with a wonderful sitting room with wood-burning stove and an amazing kitchen-diner where you can cook up a feast using local delights from the nearby market. In the summer open up the French windows as you dine with family and friends or cosy up by the wood-burning fire in cooler evenings. Each of the four pretty bedrooms in the main house opens up to the lovely stone terrace that surrounds the delightful home whilst the fifth bedroom is in a sweet separate cottage featuring a romantic roll-top bath...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Dordogne is known as the valley of 1000 chateaux with endless pretty medieval villages, fine wines, truffles, local markets and spectacular valleys and rivers. Both the Vézère and the Dordogne rivers offer great kayaking, canoeing and unparalleled views of the countryside. It’s a short drive to Le Bugue (7km) where you can pick up bread from the boulangerie, find pretty patisseries, discover new wines in one of the finest wine caves in the region and dine in excellent restaurants. There is also a good choice of supermarkets, banks and other town facilities. Don’t miss the bustling market on a Tuesday where you can pick up local produce to cook up a feast to serve on your poolside terrace. This is a great location near both the Vézère and Dordogne rivers, an area full of pretty medieval villages, fine wines, truffles, vibrant local markets, canoeing on the rivers and unspoilt views of stunning countryside. Nearby is beautiful Limeuil, where the Vézère meets the Dordogne and you can paddle by the river beach or enjoy some fine views from Parc Limeuil after wandering through the delightful village. The pretty Dordogne villages of Tremolat, with its Michelin starred restaurant, is also within a short drive and an enchanting place to visit. The Dordogne region hosts a wealth of beautiful villages and towns, many of them classed as France’s Plus Beaux Villages such as glorious Monpazier, a bastide town dating back to the 13th century. To the north you have the sophisticated small city of Périgueux, famous for its amazing black truffles and to the east should visit Sarlat with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac to the west with its medieval architecture, narrow streets of boutiques and great restaurants as well as the unmissable Maisons de Vins. Other magical day trips include the Lascaux caves, just outside Montignac or head to La Roque Gageac, Château de Beynac or Castelnaud-la-Chapelle for a remarkable day out in the Dordogne. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding and a nearby pony club to tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Children will love the nearby waterparks, visiting the Aquarium du Perigord Noir and Jungle Golf in Le Bugue, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy go-karting just south of Périgueux or tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat or Bergerac.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €610 charged to the clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Included in low season. From end of May to end of September, heating is on request and at a supplement.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Monday included for stays of two weeks or more. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday. Other days may be possible on request in mid-season (end of May-mid July & September, approximately) for bookings of 7+ nights only.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chairs and cots are available for hire at a cost of €25 for each item per week (limited availability, to be pre-booked).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. For stays of over 7 nights, a change of linen can be arranged for a supplement of €25 per person. This must be requested in advance.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Lower rates for 6 guests are only available outside the peak season.
- Other Ts and Cs : AC is available in all bedrooms and sitting area of the main house only. There is no AC in the annexe.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.